Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Research, edit, produce and write captions using a wide-variety of news stories for ABC News across a variety of platforms. Excellent picture selection along with strong communication skills, writing skills and sound news judgment. Experience with copyright law and clear understanding for Fair Use & Defamation as well as knowledge of current photo agencies and other photography sources. Ability to multi-task while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. Flexibility in scheduling to cover a wide variety of news, including nights and weekends.
• Research photos for news and feature stories from politics to celebrity news.
• Pitch photos and story ideas for use across broadcast and digital platforms including social media.
• Write copy and captions using AP style.
• Keep track of copyright, usage and permissions across a broad variety of providers.
• Use data analytics to drive engagement.
• Meet tight deadlines and communicate clearly to a variety of stakeholders.
• College degree in Photojournalism or related field required.
• Minimum of 3 years of newsroom experience.
• Adobe Photoshop, DAMs, and experience with digital publishing is a must, video editing is a plus.
• Familiarity with data analytics, SEO, photo mechanic and contracts preferred.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.