News Business Administrator
Disney ABC Television GroupSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
POSITION: NEWS BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR DATE POSTED: May 10, 2018
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES: KGO-TV/ABC7, the ABC Owned and Operated Television Station in San Francisco, is seeking a qualified candidate who will report directly to the News Director and be responsible for managing day-to-day newsroom operations including travel bookings, supplies and maintenance, business projects/research and providing support to more than 100 newsroom employees, both union and non-union. This position works closely with the Finance Department on billing, processing invoices and expense reimbursements and will also provide administrative support to the News Director and News Managers. An ability to work with outside clients and vendors, and a sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
• BA degree and/or similar degree in business or bookkeeping experience preferred.
• Experience in a medium to large company preferred.
• The candidate must be resourceful, detail-oriented, work well under pressure with multiple deadlines and shifting priorities.
• Ability to handle responsibility, take initiative and problem solve.
• Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills as well as strong writing and organizational skills.
• Advanced computer skills and knowledge of office management systems including Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint plus SAP program experience.
• Ability to train others in systems usage is preferred.
• Applicants must also have the flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays when needed.
• Background check clearance and clean driving record will be required.
TO APPLY: Please log onto www.disneycareers.com and search for Requisition ID# 554397BR
(News Business Administrator), create a candidate profile, and upload your resume and cover letter.
NO PHONE CALLS ACCEPTED CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until filled.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KGO Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
KGO Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.