Multiplatform Research Analyst, Consumer Experience
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ABC & Freeform are looking for a Research Analyst to join their Multiplatform Research team. This person will be responsible for analyzing performance of programming across all screens based on various existing and emerging datasets. The ideal candidate will have experience working with well-established audience measurement tools, as well as the desire to explore and evaluate new measurement tools across both linear and digital.
• Identify and analyze trends in the evolving multiplatform TV landscape
• Learn and evaluate new and emerging measurement tools and methodologies
• Fulfill ad-hoc requests from clients by providing relevant data and insights
• Pull and track cross-platform ratings (linear & digital) for ABC and the competition across various third-party tools (e.g. Nielsen and Comscore)
• Maintain internal reports and databases, including data mapping and transformation, on a weekly, monthly & quarterly basis to ensure all data is current and accurate
• Analyze and translate data-based findings into clear, relevant and actionable insights
• Enthusiasm and curiosity for solving problems and learning new technologies, while maintaining superior attention to detail, accuracy & organization
• Ability to communicate complex ideas, stories, and datasets graphically and verbally
• Ability to collaborate and work closely with other parts of the business, including Programming, Marketing and Finance teams
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and ad hoc requests while thriving in a fast-paced environment
• Self-starter, resourceful, flexible, proactive & a true team-player who is willing to pitch in wherever needed
• Passion for the entertainment industry and television programming
• Minimum 1 year of media research-related experience required.
• Attention to detail, accuracy, organization, strong problem-solving skills and exceptional work ethic are essential
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Skilled with media research software applications
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint are required. Advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables, vlookups, etc.) are a plus
• Experience with Tableau or similar data visualization tools
• Must be able to work independently and manage self well
• 1 to 3 years of media-related experience preferred.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in marketing, communications, economics, statistics or related field
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.