Manager - Original Movies
Disney ChannelBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Disney Channel Original Movies produces television's top movies among kids and tweens ages 6-14 as well as content for Disney's new direct-to-consumer streaming platform.
• Consistently bring in material for new development projects from a variety of sources: pitches from writers and varying source material (books, articles, life rights, remakes) etc.
• Generate detailed synopsis and analysis of potential material.
• Coordinate brainstorm meetings to generate new ideas for development and compose tracking memos and research as needed.
• Compile extensive script notes and provide writers/producers with clear, concise memos.
• Deepen department reach into industry community by relaying development needs.
• Create and manage comprehensive and dynamic documents that track writers and directors for upcoming projects. Must be able to tap numerous resources, including - but not limited to - agents, managers, assistants, coordinators, and executives to ensure information is timely and accurate.
• Track and compile competitive development and scripts from competitive networks as well as features in the family space.
• Track current trends in the demo, provide regular updates to executives, and help transform hot topics into development arenas.
• Coordinate Weekend Read Meeting, track executive feedback, follow up with representation, and set general meetings to ensure the development team is on the cutting edge of writing and directing talent.
• Aid senior executives in all aspects of production - from prep through post - by generating comprehensive notes, viewing dailies and executing detailed cut memos.
• A minimum of 5 years of creative executive development or equivalent experience
• Passion for the kids' entertainment space
• Superior writing skills and deep storytelling skills (experience with notes, structure, breakdown, etc.)
• Superior ability to lead meetings, present and communicate effectively
• Ability to develop relationships with various parties of the development community and executives
• Ability to work extended hours as needed
Feature development and production experience is a plus
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of work experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.