Manager - Organizational Development
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/22/2018 9:57:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Manager - Organizational Development jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager - Organizational Development postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager - Organizational Development? Job Summary:
Organizational Development is a team within the Disney ABC Television HR organization dedicated to driving organizational effectiveness for the business segment, with a focus on organizational design, change leadership, performance management and enabling our business goals.
The Manager, OD serves as a consulting resource to HR Business partners and executive leaders throughout DATG, integrating Organizational Development services and guidance with major short and long-term strategic initiatives, especially those related to organizational transformation.
• Organization design for Disney ABC Television businesses, inclusive of consulting to understand needs, building project roadmaps, and guiding/managing the organization design process in partnership with HR Business Partners to support business goals
• Change management for HR and Disney ABC Television business initiatives, inclusive of consulting to understand needs, building and implementing change, communication, and training plans, and building change leadership capabilities in others
• Work closely with our HR Business Partners to support business unit leaders set strategy, improve core business processes, redesign organizational structures, clarify roles and accountabilities with key stakeholders/partners, and realign cultures
• Responsible for overall Performance Management strategy
• Build the OD capability of others including HR Business Partners by providing practical guidance on methodology, tools, and implementation in areas such as organization assessments, process re-engineering, job redesign, and assessing talent against new functional job skills/capabilities.
• Actively support and participate in the TWDC Organizational Develop Centers of Excellence including OD projects that span across TWDC.
• Other organization development and project management assignments for HR or Disney ABC Television businesses as needed
• 5 years experience in Organization Development or related field
• 3 years of OD or Human Capital consulting experience, or equivalent internal consulting experience, experience in change management, learning and talent management a plus.
• Able to assess complex organizational and business needs and effectively navigate to appropriate leadership and OD solutions with minimal direction and oversight required
• Demonstrates strong business acumen and a track record of success in partnering with business leaders
• Ability to manage relationships with clients and stakeholders – including the ability to influence thinking and facilitate group dialogue surrounding business and organizational challenges and opportunities
• Ability to translate complex issues into summaries, roadmaps, and systemic models that are sound and actionable
• Ability to adapt approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations and demonstrate high levels of personal integrity and confidentiality
• Ability to evaluate and derive relevant insights on business and organization performance to drive decision making
• Ability to apply knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals – including demonstrating strong business and financial acumen
• Superior project management skills (including initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing work to achieve specific goals and success criteria and the ability to multitask and manage competing priorities)
• Ability to navigate, thrive, and adapt in unexpected or dynamic circumstances
• Ability to deliver timely, high quality work that adds value
• Ability to develop and deliver effective written and oral communication that conveys a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
• Ability to deliver integrated solutions that support the strategic direction of the business and develop a game plan for success
• BA/BS degree is required, preferably in Organization Development, Organization Behavior, Human Resources, or related field
• MA/MS degree is preferred, preferably in Organization Development, Organization Behavior, Human Resources, or related field
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.