Manager - Media Systems
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Working as part of the Technology and Development team, the Manager, Media Systems, will help architect, project-manage and implement media operations technology (from acquisition to distribution) across ABC News.
• In collaboration with the Associate Director, Media Systems, determine best-practice media operations and editing architecture for all workflow solutions designed by the Media & Technology team. Media operations includes TX/RX, Media Ingest, Transcoding, Media Management and Distribution – both live and file-based.
• Oversee the maintenance of current infrastructure and iteratively update it to match the desired architecture. This is a combination of on-prem and SaaS solutions.
• Project manage updates to the infrastructure and help implement technical solutions in collaboration with other operations groups, IT and end-users.
• Keep up with industry best practices and innovations and maintain close, collaborative relationships with vendors and suppliers.
• 5 years of experience with IP video transmission, encoding/decoding, media management and distribution technologies (both baseband, file-based and IP streaming).
• Previous experience designing media processing and management infrastructure, especially as it relates to integrating various systems to create a larger architecture (on-prem and through SaaS).
• Experience working in a large organization and solving cross-department problems.
• Must be team oriented and motivated by creating efficient solutions that drive end-user value.
• Ability to harmoniously and proactively work with different groups with varying work cultures.
• Self-motivated, pro-active and solutions driven.
• Software Development experience of any kind, especially as it relates to API integrations
• Video engineering experience; specifically related to video codecs, editing infrastructure, IP video transcoding and processing.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.