Manager - Digital Retouching Expert
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Manager of Photographic Retouching is responsible for retouching raw photographs with an emphasis on entertainment/fashion photography, supporting the Communications Department of Disney ABC Television Groups (DATG).
• Editing/enhancing/retouching/resizing of in-house photography images.
• Accountable for maintaining an organized work flow and file management.
• Responsible for maintaining a dialogue with the Photographers and team about workflow and expectations.
• Detail-oriented dialogue about the properties of a given image a must.
• Quality control on all requests, adjusting images as needed to meet direction or needs.
• Responsible for retouching of images in the timeframes requested for each project.
• Management of two full time retouchers.
• At least 5 years experience in the same capacity.
• Intimate knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Photo Mechanic with a keen eye for detail.
• Experience with Wacom Tablets.
• Experience in entertainment or fashion environment is a must.
• Expected to have a comprehensive understanding of photographic vocabulary and terms.
• Retouch people, faces, hair and skin tone.
• Create ''builds'' of several single people into a group image.
• Accurate color correction, healing, cloning, perspective modification, white balance.
• Portfolio must show examples of single, group, entertainment/fashion photography retouching (with before and after images).
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with team members.
• Detail oriented with excellent time management skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proactively communicate with photography team members and occasionally external contributors.
• Ability to work in fast paced environment.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Riverside Television Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
Riverside Television Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.