Manager - Casting & Talent Relations
Disney ABC Television GroupGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
Manager - Casting & Talent Relations (Disney TV Animation)
Manage casting and recording on Disney animated pilots, series, and special projects. Must excel in a fast-paced team environment and have an eye towards innovation. Must have a passion for talent scouting and a comprehensive knowledge of performers working in the entertainment industry.
• Creative point on multiple projects; generate creative casting lists, hire talent, negotiate deals with talent reps, supervise recording sessions, etc.
• Creatively consult with producers and executives to tailor the casting process to match the creative vision for each pilot and series.
• Scout talent with a focus on diversity; attend showcases, plays, musicals, stand-up shows, improv shows, etc. looking for potential performers.
• Maintain an extensive awareness of content on TV, film, streaming, etc. to keep current with all working actors.
• Lead and provide mentorship to junior team members.
• Execute a variety of talent relations projects and events alongside other team members.
• Maintain a working knowledge of SAG/AFTRA, legal, and contracting guidelines.
• Cultivate relationships with talent agents and managers, producers, directors, production staff, and recording studio personnel.
• Minimum 4 years casting experience, agency experience, or comparable fast-paced, high volume business in entertainment.
• Professional, positive demeanor with strong verbal and written communication skills necessary to interface with celebrity talent and their representation, creative executives, production personnel, and staff members.
• Experience supervising others.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Computer skills including; Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
• Strong interpersonal skills; eager to contribute and thrives in a team-oriented environment.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.