Manager, ABC Finance & Planning
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The DATG Finance and Planning team is seeking a candidate to assist with segment planning for the Cable (excluding ESPN) and Broadcast Division of the Walt Disney Company. The manager will support and assist in the consolidation and preparation of the Annual Operating Plan, Long Range Plan and Forecasts for DATG. The individual must be comfortable working directly with various groups across DATG as well as senior management. Position requires excellent systems, communication and time management skills, as well as an acute attention to detail.
• Support the consolidation and preparation of all DATG executive (CFO/Chairman-level) forecast reporting packages, which include financial reporting and variance analyses
• Work across multiple finance teams to lead in the consolidation and analysis of DATG forecast data
• Manage the forecast process through the creation of timelines, management of communications and crafting deliverable requirements necessary to support the successful completion of key DATG projects (e.g., Annual Operating Plan, Five Year Strategic Plan, bi-quarterly forecasts)
• Manage and develop team
• Serve as a reporting superuser for DATG's COGNOS/TM1 system
• Develop and maintain financial planning models
• Support the preparation of presentations and ad hoc analyses for senior management
• Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
• Advanced financial modeling skills and analytical skills.
• Strong technical skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SAP and BW. Experience with Cognos TM1 is a plus.
• Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously.
• Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to problem solving.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Previous experience in entertainment industry FP&A a plus
• B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
• MBA or CPA preferred
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.