Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
At Disney ABC/Television Group, you'll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills…
The HR Specialist performs a wide range of responsibilities within a framework set by HR leadership and the local client in support of our service delivery model which includes:
• Strategy Development
• Organization Design
• Global Talent Management
• Organization & Employee Effectiveness
• Change and Transition Management
• Functional HR Integration
The HR Specialist provides advice to employees/clients on the appropriate interpretation and application of HR policies, processes and practices. They work with functional subject matter experts, team members, and leaders to complete tasks. They are also the main point of service contact for client related questions and business issues including but not limited to HR policies, processes, leaves of absence, corrective actions and staffing needs involving hiring approvals and position management. This role is expected to assess, prioritize and act on client requests as needed and communicate needs that require additional support to the appropriate source. (e.g. Employee Relations, Compensation, Organization Management, Talent Acquisition, Global HR Operations).
Additionally, the person in this role will dedicate approximately 25% of his/her time to general administrative tasks in support of the Vice President, HRBP and Director, HRBP. Such tasks include calendaring meetings, coordinating conference calls/videoconferences, preparing PowerPoint presentations, planning team events, preparing expense reports, planning travel, and other support tasks as needed.
• Provide high quality, timely and professional client service and follow through to ensure appropriate action was taken
• In partnership with HR Operations, support onboarding related activities with a focus on coaching managers with the onboarding plans and strategy for integration (i.e. new manager assimilation needs, key talent information)
• In partnership with HR Operations, coordinate off-boarding related activities with a focus on conducting exit interviews, sensitive separations, etc.
• Establish and maintain strong cross functional relationships with HR functional partners
• Assist in advising/providing guidance in the administration of HR related policies and procedures e.g. Position Management
• Ratings calibration data collection
• Maintain accurate org charts for client areas (where applicable as this is sometimes done by the business)
• Administration of local recognition programs and employee development offerings such as Lunch & Learns (as needed and/or when sponsored by HR) and/or client driven mentor programs
• Provides information to leaders and HRBP's in the development of talent solutions such as resources for career development and learning opportunities or job descriptions for hiring
• Proactively document, maintain, and organize area practices and protocols related to HR policy administration and standards
• Stay current on changes to HR policies and processes, and communicate changes to appropriate audiences
• Reports and or creates presentations that discuss the findings of a research project
• Demonstrates business orientation and acumen
• Strong service orientation
• Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated at all levels, including executive level
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Approachable style; ability to connect with employees and establish rapport
• Proven ability to work with confidential information
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, highly ambiguous environment; flexible and adaptable
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
• Outlook; SAP and the Internet
• Prior administrative assistant experience
• Minimum 3 years of experience in an HR or customer/client service oriented professional role
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Human Resources Management or related discipline
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.