Head Of Business Affairs
Disney ABC Television GroupLondon, UK
Full Time Job
ABC Studios International, the international division of ABC Studios, a global leader in the development, production and distribution of entertainment content, is seeking a candidate for the position of Head of Business Affairs to lead the business affairs and deal-making functions of ABC Studios International. The successful candidate will have the ambition to be a key player in driving exponential growth to the division together with a demonstrated track record for excellence as a collaborative deal-maker with exceptional industry knowledge, inter-personal skills and the highest degree of integrity. The position will be based in the London offices of ABC Studios International and support the International Content, Platforms and Talent, ABC Studios International / Disney. The role will report to the Executive Vice President, Business Operations of ABC Studios and the Managing Director International Content, Platforms and Talent.
• Structure, negotiate, manage, document/coordinate documentation of all business deals in connection with ABCSI's development and production activities, which include:
• The engagement of writers, producers, actors, directors, and consultants
• The option/acquisition of underlying rights
• Arrangements with coproduction partners
• Distribution/first look arrangements with production companies
• The licensing of ABCSI content to networks and on demand platforms
• Coordinate with and manage in-house and outside counsel as necessary
• Maintain and expand strong working relationships with internal executives as well as externally with agencies, the creative community, broadcasters, and other licensees of ABCSI's programming
• Responsibility for adhering to ABCSI's development budgets
• Oversee the functions of various support departments relative to ABCSI's activities such as Contracts Administration, Casting Administration and Credits Administration
• Provide support to ABC Studios and Disney Strategic Planning in the analysis and structuring of acquisition opportunities
• Collaborate with Disney Media Distribution to deepen existing strategic relationships and develop new business partnerships and opportunities
• Juris Doctor or equivalent legal degree
• Minimum of 10 years' experience with a track record of excellence as a business affairs executive with a major US television studio, UK production company, US national television network or OTT platform, UK national television network or OTT platform, or equivalent law firm experience
• Expertise in all aspects of international development, production and distribution
• Expertise in applicable guild requirements
• Ability to work independently within a team-oriented environment and have a commitment to learning and excellence
• Proven negotiator, able to be hands-on and roll up sleeves as required
• Superior analytical and writing skills and ability, together with strong business and financial acumen
• Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to execute against multiple high-priority projects, with a keen attention to detail
• Exceptional inter-personal communication skills
• Demonstrated track record of holding to the highest degree of honesty and integrity
• Experience of working internationally with a US based multinational organization preferred
• Knowledge of US deal-making and familiarity with US guild provisions preferred
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.