Global Distribution Strategy & Business Development Analyst
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Global Distribution Strategy & Business Development (GDS) is a highly visible department within the Disney Media Networks division that is responsible for the exploration and optimization of new distribution-related business models, technologies, and partnerships. We focus on driving the long-term profitability and growth of our television distribution businesses worldwide at a time of unprecedented disruption and evolution in the global distribution ecosystem. The team works collaboratively across Disney's global distribution organization to construct both long-range strategic plans as well as annual operating plans.
This position sits within the portion of the broader GDS team focused on growing and evolving the global distribution of our television content across all platforms (Pay TV, SVOD, Social / Telco / new emerging platforms). The role will also have significant exposure to the DEMN (Disney and ESPN Media Network) Affiliate Sales and Marketing department. The broader GDS team also works closely with the Disney Accelerator team to identify new technologies or start-ups that should be considered for investment and existing portfolio companies and technologies that may unlock new opportunities for the department.
Across these areas, the Global Distribution Strategy team works collaboratively with the global sales and marketing teams, Corporate Strategy, and a number of key U.S.-based stakeholders to provide objective business decision support and evaluate new opportunities and initiatives. Maintaining regular contact with the global teams and fostering ongoing relationships is key to ensure coordination and information sharing, as well as provide consolidated updates to U.S.-based management on the state of the distribution businesses.
• Support the development and execution of Disney and ESPN Media Networks' (comprised of Disney ABC Television Group and ESPN) growth and profitability strategy
• Partner with global distribution teams to contribute to the evaluation of new business and market opportunities
• Perform in-depth research, financial modeling, and strategic analysis to inform business decisions
• Develop key insights from data and communicate complex analyses in an efficient and effective manner to a variety of internal audiences, including Affiliate Sales, Product Development, Research, Finance, and Disney and ESPN executives
• Manage 3rd party research relationships for the team and work extensively in internal and external research databases
• Maintain updated files tracking company SEC filings / analyst reports, as well as global media developments (e.g., DTC services) and deals globally
• Track current media industry and technology trends/news globally and develop points of view on potential business impacts to be shared throughout the company
• A minimum of two years' related working experience – such as strategy / consulting, investment banking, corporate finance, start-up company or related experience
• Detail-oriented in both a qualitative and quantitative manner
• Proven ability to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
• Excel in a highly collaborative, social and team-based environment working across multiple stakeholders and cultures
• Experienced in PowerPoint and Excel (including financial modeling/forecasting)
• Experience presenting to a variety of audiences, including Sr. Executives
• Open to some travel between NY, California, and Connecticut
• Outgoing with strong relationship-building skills
• Familiarity/experience with traditional and digital media businesses, both domestically and abroad
• High-level proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.