Editor, Broadcast Standards & Practices
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
ABC seeks a qualified Editor candidate to work with the Broadcast Standards & Practices team.
• Review and issue detailed notes on scripts for dramas, comedies, promos, non-scripted programming packages and background material and other relevant data and material.
• Review and issue detailed notes on Rough and Final Cuts of all programming and promotional material for air and other platforms.
• Prepare, review, analyze and organize various risk assessment materials.
• Monitor contest compliance.
• Interact with producers, directors, creative executives, sales, marketing, legal, business affairs, casting and broadcast operations.
• Operate the broadcast delay mechanism for live programming.
• Work on location/set, as needed, as well as occasional travel.
• Such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
• A minimum of 1 year of experience in a role that demonstrates exceptional writing ability, attention to detail, and interaction with multiple stakeholders.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Detail-oriented self-starter with critical thinking skills, able to work a flexible schedule in accordance with production needs.
• Experience in broadcast standards and practices and/or a television production environment.
• Passion for television and the process associated with putting television on air.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Master's degree and/or Law degree is helpful but not required.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.