Director - Finance
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Director, Finance (ABC Studios) will interface with Domestic and International Distribution partners, Production Management, Production Finance, Creative and Operational teams for ABC Studios to best support its overall objectives. This individual will build a deep knowledge of the ABC Studios business and lead all financial planning activities. They will be seen as a strong partner by the Executive management team and across the broader TWDC and DATG finance organizations.
This position reports to the Vice President, ABC Entertainment and Studios Finance & Business Planning.
• Responsible for the execution, financial review, consolidation and presentation of the division's forecasts, annual operating plans and five-year plans
• Review and analyze ultimates for television series, including those with various forms of co-production and joint venture financing arrangements
• Oversight of ABCS International finance operations, working with UK based team to ensure the accurate reporting of financial data, as well as review of greenlight analysis, development and ad hoc requests
• Review and perform economic analyses to support greenlighting, scheduling and other production decisions
• Review and analyze financial deal terms to improve decision making and profitability
• Act as a financial advisor and key business partner for ABC Studios management team and support them in their decision making processes
• Develop and retain knowledge and fluency in the business performance and financial drivers to advise on key business planning assumptions & opportunities
• Create, maintain and report on key business metrics to ensure financial objectives are met
• Prepare presentations and ad hoc analyses for senior management
• Stay informed and engaged in current landscape of the television industry and proactively explore new trends in the marketplace
• Develop and manage a professional staff, including providing support to the FP&A team to help resolve issues, offer oversight, motivate and direct the team in its goals and objectives
• 10 years of relevant work experience
• Studio production experience (film or tv) and its related economics & business models is a plus
• Advanced financial modeling and analytical skills
• Proven ability to manage and develop teams
• Strong work ethic with the ability to prioritize, anticipate change and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to translate financial information to various business audiences to drive decision making
• Demonstrated ability to persuasively present complex business issues and solutions, clearly and concisely
• Ability to build strong relationships with senior creative executives and be a trusted and reliable source of information, analysis and support
• Strong technical skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SAP. Experience with Cognos is a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
• MBA and/or CPA strongly preferred
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.