Director - Finance
Disney ABC Television GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Director - Finance (PH)
The Director, Finance (Project Hire) will step in to temporarily lead the client service interface for ABC Studios, working closely with executive stakeholders across ABC Studios. This individual will build a deep knowledge of the ABC Studios business and will help to lead all financial planning activities. They will be seen as a strong partner and consultant by the business and internal stakeholders within the broader finance organization.
This position reports to the Vice President, ABC Entertainment and Studios Finance & Business Planning.
• Responsible for the execution, financial review, consolidation and presentation of departmental forecasts, annual operating plans and five-year plans for client stakeholders
• Establish a strong understanding of the ABC Studios business in order to drive FP&A consultative work
• Function as primary point of contact for client stakeholders to provide business consultation and financial guidance that shapes client thinking and supports decision making processes
• Develop and retain knowledge and fluency in the business performance and financial drivers to advise on key business planning assumptions & opportunities
• Oversee the development of commentary / cause of change explanations for management reports and client-specific reports. Provide insight and business analysis for executive leadership
• Execute and ensure compliance with FP&A policies and procedures
• Drive segment wide finance initiatives to improve operating efficiency and growth
• Prepare presentations and ad hoc analyses for senior management
• Ensure quantitative and qualitative adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and monitor/present performance to stakeholders to confirm service levels
• Develop and manage a professional staff
• 8 years of relevant work experience
• Advanced financial modeling and analytical skills
• Proven ability to manage and develop teams
• Strong technical skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SAP.
• Strong work ethic with the ability to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
• Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to problem solving.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to translate financial information to various business audiences to drive decision making
• Flexibility and ability to anticipate change and respond to client needs and priorities with agility.
• Demonstrated ability to persuasively present complex business issues and solutions, clearly and concisely
• Ability to work in a dynamic and creative environment with a capacity to deeply understand and navigate within company cultures
• Ability to manage multiple high priority projects under constant pressure to deliver
• Ability to build strong relationships with senior creative executives and be a trusted and reliable source of information, analysis and support
• Previous experience in entertainment industry FP&A a plus
• Experience with Cognos TM1 is a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
• MBA and/or CPA strongly preferred
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Disney ABC Television Group is one of today's premier media entertainment companies, combining high-quality content with strategic use of technology to deliver compelling news and entertainment experiences to hundreds of millions of people around the world. This business segment of The Walt Disney Company is comprised of global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group and a radio business. Our employees are leading, creating, and innovating, making bold moves in unexpected directions that redefine not just what a media company does, but what it can do. At Disney ABC/Television Group, you'll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.