Director - Digital & Social Media Engagement
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Director, Digital & Social Media Engagement is a senior leader responsible for establishing, guiding, and leading the Radio Disney Network digital & social media strategies to drive fan acquisition and engagement. This role acts as the primary senior contact for digital and social media content and campaigns.
The ideal candidate is passionate about connecting with fans on social media with a keen eye for creative, yet able to analyze and distill data in order to make creative decisions that advance business priorities. He/she is skilled at juggling multiple projects and can prioritize an action plan to translate a marketing strategy into deliverables.
This position liaises closely with various lines of business including a cross-functional team at Radio Disney Network, and serves as a brand steward, ensuring the Radio Disney brand/voice remains consistent across all points of exposure and audience engagement. Enterprise partners include but are not limited to Disney Channels, ABC, Disney Consumer Products & Interactive (DCPI), and Disney|ABC Sales.
We're looking for someone with:
• A left brain/right brain approach to evaluating content – loves digging through data to help make thoughtful decisions. Also has a keen creative sensibility. This person will serve as the creative beacon for the team and need to challenge the managers to avoid the expected and push the limits of what's possible.
• Deep social media experience and a passion for what captures kids/tweens/teens' attention and gets people talking.
• Strong relationships with the social networks.
• Demonstrated skill in managing people.
• Strong collaborative nature.
• Lead the Social Media Engagement team to generate, edit, publish, and share daily content on owned channels including all relevant social media platforms.
• Champion a test & learn culture by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, stay abreast of all best practices, and then act on this information.
• Work with data/analytics to develop and track KPIs.
• Oversee implementation of strategy and ensure posting is on brand, and occurs in a timely fashion.
• Support and activate the audience on each platform as well as moderate all comments and user-generated content.
• Collaborate with Social Media leads across The Walt Disney Company brands to cross-promote content.
• Lead the social media planning for all Radio Disney Network events as well as tentpoles like the Radio Disney Music Awards (RDMA) and CMA Music Fest.
• Liaise with Partnership Marketing & Promotions lead to develop social sweepstakes and consumer marketing initiatives that drive audience engagement/acquisition.
• Serve as digital/social point of contact with music industry partners (record labels, artist managers, publicists, etc.) in order to advance relevant content opportunities across social platforms.
• Mentor the development of a highly motivated team.
• At least 10 years of experience working in social media, digital marketing and related disciplines
• Strong leadership skills including internal and external management
• Ability to translate digital/social marketing strategies into actionable plans across multiple platforms
• Thorough understanding of and ability to write in the voice that's appropriate for each channel/platform
• Ability to allocate budgets and optimize as necessary – lead Paid, Owned, Earned media efforts
• Strategic thinker with creative problem solving and impeccable, persuasive writing skills
• Proven marketing skills in all facets of brand/audience development
• Superior project management skills
• Excellent presentation skills, both written and verbal
• Exceptional communication and relationship management skills - deep cross-functional collaboration is required
• Strong command of web and social analytics including Omniture
• Experience covering live events in an editorial or social media capacity
• Must be hyper-enthusiastic about ever-evolving social media trends and the digital landscape
• Some travel and nights/weekend hours required
• Demonstrated ability to be creative and think big, contributing fresh ideas leveraging analytics/data
• Demonstrated ability to motivate and influence senior executives and peers
• Passion for kids' media and popular culture
• Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and mentor staff
• Gets hands dirty – enjoys rolling up sleeves and figuring things out!
• A minimum of 5 years leading a digital/social media team for a Media or Lifestyle brand (client or agency)
• Previous experience with Hootsuite and/or Sprinklr
• Experience marketing to teens/families
• Budget management to effectively achieve objectives
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of work experience
Equal Opportunity Employer-Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity