Director - Business Affairs
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
• The structuring, negotiation, documentation and management of the studio's transactions to (a) engage above-the line talent (writers, producers, directors and actors) and licensors of underlying rights, in connection with the development and production of the studio's content and (b) exploit the studio's content on all domestic platforms, including broadcast, basic and pay cable, and on-demand new media.
• Interfacing with the distribution arms of the Walt Disney Company in connection with the exploitation of our content to ensure optimal windowing of studio content globally.
• Maintaining budgetary oversight of productions in partnership with Production Executives and ABC Studios Finance and Legal groups to ensure that the creative visions for productions are accomplished within appropriate legal, financial and business guidelines.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in negotiation and drafting in the entertainment business.
• Exceptional negotiating skills with an ability to be creative and think outside of the box.
• Must possess an ability to work independently within a team-oriented environment and have a commitment to learning and excellence.
• Superior analytical and writing skills and ability, together with strong business and financial acumen.
• Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects, with a keen attention to detail.
• Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated track record of holding the highest degree of honesty and integrity.
• 7 to 10 years' experience in negotiation and drafting for a major TV network or studio.
• Prior production and distribution experience strongly preferred or other entertainment, media, or new media related experience.
• Prior major law firm experience strongly preferred
• Bachelor's degree
• JD (CA bar membership preferred)
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Touchstone Television Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
Touchstone Television Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
ABC Studios is a global leader in the development, production and distribution of entertainment content across broadcast, cable and streaming platforms. The studio is the primary content provider for ABC Entertainment, producing hit series for the network, including ''American Housewife,'' ''black-ish,'' ''Grey's Anatomy,'' ''How to Get Away with Murder,'' ''Once Upon a Time,'' ''Quantico'' and ''Scandal,'' co-productions ''Designated Survivor,'' ''Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'' and ''Speechless,'' and late-night talk show ''Jimmy Kimmel Live!''; along with ''Code Black'' and ''Criminal Minds'' for CBS. For the current season, ABC Studios is producing the dramas ''The Crossing,'' ''For The People,'' ''Kevin (Probably) Saves the World,'' a ''Grey's Anatomy'' spinoff, ''Station 19,''; as well as the comedy ''grown-ish'' for Freeform; and co-producing fall's No. 1 new drama, ''The Good Doctor,'' and the comedy ''Alex, Inc.'' for ABC. Under the ABC Studios umbrella is also ABC Signature Studios, a dedicated division spearheading development and production in premium and basic cable as well as streaming platforms. ABC Signature Studios co-productions include ''Marvel's Runaways'' for Hulu, ''Marvel's Cloak & Dagger'' for Freeform, ''SMILF'' for Showtime and ''All About The Washingtons'' a multicam comedy series for Netflix. In addition, ABC International Studios oversees global development and production. The studio is currently in production in Australia on the second season of the drama series, ''Harrow.''