Digital Promotion Manager
Disney ABC Television GroupDurham, NC
Full Time Job
Can you grab a camera, tell a story, lead a team, and MAKE something that a million people will love? Should your amazing video go on TV, Instagram, YouTube, or a local news app?
ABC11 Eyewitness News (WTVD), a Disney/ABC owned television station in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina, has a need for a talented content creator like you. Along with having a dynamic portfolio, you must be a leader, fast and organized with an eye for detail, and most importantly – you have the ability to adapt. This full-time position will challenge you to find new ways to grow an audience and cultivate ravenous fans of ABC11 content.
• Use real-time data to analyze, optimize, and execute quick, creative content for ABC11 that viewers want to share.
• Create station image campaigns, backed by research, that drive the ABC11 brand image, awareness and viewership across all platforms.
• Collaborate with a creative team to lead new digital projects; Work with digital/social producers and news producers to curate content for digital spaces.
• Work with news, programming, sales, audience development, and community engagement teams to ensure all station initiatives are promoted.
• Track competitive landscape to drive audience growth with our unique brand and consistent messaging.
• Conceive, write, shoot & edit hard-hitting news promos or entertainment driven spots tailored for the platform and target audience.
• Develop promotional materials under tight deadlines that are innovative, visually appealing, and designed to meet ABC11's brand marketing objectives.
Technical requirements for this position are: proficiency with camera equipment, editing software (Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects preferred), experience with digital and social publishing platforms, efficiency in managing media, strong organization skills with various creative platforms, and flexible hours with early morning or evening shifts.
Benefits will include health and dental coverage, paid vacation, company matching 401k plans, and many other great benefits from The Walt Disney Company.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
WTVD Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.