Disney ABC Television GroupSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
KGO-TV/ABC7 in the Bay Area is looking for a dynamic, self-starting, tech-savvy Digital Producer to join our team. The Digital Producer (Full-Time) reports directly to the Director of Digital Strategy & Operations and works with all departments to produce content across ABC7's multiple platforms.
• Write, edit and post multimedia content to tall platforms
• Post reporter packages, breaking news, cloning stories from sister stations
• Post Bay Area LIFE segments (weekly), post ABC7 specials, post Beyond the Headlines shows, build landing pages as needed, cross-training
• Create stories from press releases, post wire stories, create stories from VOs
• Producing and editing videos and other types of content
• Posting to all of ABC7's digital platforms including website, app, and social media
• Publish site alert, update live video module, and send tweets for daily newscast live streams
• Navigate breaking news situations
• Minimum two years of experience working as a journalist producing digital content
• Must have demonstrated experience making editorial decisions and adhering to journalism standards and practices
• Has solid news judgment and an understanding of journalism standards and practices
• Is an efficient multitasker that is able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven role
• Is comfortable in a high-pressure content creation environment
• Is an excellent communicator and writer with a positive attitude
• A strong understanding of social media practices aimed at engaging audiences is key to success in this role. A working knowledge of digital metrics and analytics is a critical component as well.
• Applicant must possess strong writing and copy-editing skills and be able to write compelling copy quickly and accurately, without grammatical or factual errors. All applicants will be given timed writing tests which include story, headline and social media writing.
• Has a strong interest in both local and national news and information.
• Strong computer and typing skills; knowledge of basic HTML; familiarity with basic image and video editing tools. Shooting video a plus.
• At least two years' experience working in a digital content environment.
• Experience using ENPS, iNews, Dalet and other content management systems.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (or other non-linear editing tools) and the ability to craft short form video content is a strong plus.
BA or BS from a four year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
• Journalism degree preferred
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KGO Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
KGO Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.