Disney ABC Television GroupHouston, TX
Full Time Job
KTRK-TV, the ABC/Walt Disney Company owned station located in Houston, TX is looking for a hands-on innovative, forward thinking Creative Director who has the creativity, leadership, and strategic marketing skills to generate multiplatform brand building in both audience and revenue growth in a highly competitive market.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Conceptualize, Create and Optimize compelling multiplatform station image, news, locally-produced/community programming and marketing campaigns, topical promotions and ''own the moment'' opportunities
• Lead and supervise a creative team in execution of multiplatform content creation and promotion, including but not limited to training, implementing best practices, and on-going performance appraisals and feedback
• On-air planning strategies including managing and maximizing station's promotional inventory in order to drive viewership and other business goals
• Assist in overseeing the station's brand and overall look. Help serve as the collaborative architect and voice for all touchpoints between the station and its audiences
• Must possess strong writing skills and a master at broadcast, digital & social promotion with the ability to execute all elements personally when necessary
• Minimum 8 years in television/news promotion and audience development, including minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role
• Must be a bold, creative thinker with strong writing and visual skills that can capture users' attention on every platform
• Experience translating broadcast designs/concepts to interactive digital and social media campaigns as well as experience optimizing live on-site station community events. Must stay abreast of cutting edge tools, techniques and promotion/marketing trends
• Hands-on experience in marketing and optimizing content on both linear and non-linear platforms
• Experience working with local research teams, corporate research staff and 3rd party vendors to garner audience insights and translate those into effective, measurable marketing strategies
• Must be an organized planner, capable of both operating with a sense of urgency in the present while constantly looking months ahead to bring organization, order and planning to the audience development team
• Understands this is a 24-7 business and has the desire and ability to work with a sense of urgency within a deadline oriented fast paced team environment
• Must be a strong media planner and buyer who understands co-op spending and can build strong partnerships with network, syndication and other 3rd parties
• Excellent Communication Skills and a get-it-done attitude that persists regardless of obstacles
Please reference Job Requisition # 636675BR
Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KTRK Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
KTRK Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.