Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Legal Affairs for ABC Studios is searching for an attorney to work in the role of Counsel who will provide support in structuring, negotiating, drafting and advising on deals relating to the development and production of television programming. This person will work in a supportive role as they continue to develop legal expertise, judgment and experience that is expected of more senior positions.
• Draft, negotiate, and oversee a wide variety of entertainment agreements, including those involving the development and production of television pilots and series produced by ABC Studios for exhibition on major broadcast and cable networks and online platforms.
• Provide analysis and advice in connection with legal rights and obligations, intellectual property matters (chain of title, trademarks, copyrights), claims, production clearances (defamation, rights of publicity and privacy), and other matters.
• Provide general oversight and legal supervision over all legal matters that relate to assigned projects.
• Provide counsel to creative, business affairs, and production executives, and to television writers and producers with respect to original and complex fact-based projects.
• Learn and assume responsibility for one specialty area of legal expertise within the legal affairs team.
• Continue to develop an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the industry
• Continue to develop external legal contacts to learn and stay abreast of industry trends/legal developments
• A minimum of three (3) years of entertainment, intellectual property, corporate transactions and/or litigation experience at a law firm or major corporate or studio legal department
• Possess basic knowledge of industry best practices specific to business or legal specialty
• Exceptional organizational, prioritization, problem solving, analytical, and time management skills with the ability to execute multiple, high-priority projects, and a keen attention to detail
• Excellent academic credentials and references
• Ability to perform duties under minimal supervision while exercising discretion and independent, sound judgment
• Strong drafting, negotiation and communication skills, along with the ability to work under deadline and provide significant individual contributions while working as part of a diverse and dynamic team
• Ability to build professional, interdepartmental relationships at multiple levels
• Supervisory Responsibilities: This executive will share an Administrative Assistant whom they will help manage
• JD required (with CA Bar membership)
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Touchstone Television Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
Touchstone Television Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.