Coordinator - Business Operations
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Coordinator - Business Operations, ABC News
ABC News is hiring a Coordinator. This position will support general business operations and will provide limited executive support.
• Ensure affiliate compliance with contracted obligations.
• Liaison between staff, affiliate stringers, foreign correspondents and Disney payroll.
• Manage external vendors to create accounts, process invoices, track and allocate expenses.
• Track employee vacations and sick days.
• Provide employee guidance on policy and process related to payroll and expenses.
• Provide executive support on business operations (expenses, business gifts for staff and affiliates, calendar management, travel booking, etc.).
• Order and oversee office supplies supporting two business units (Radio and NewsOne).
• Collect and communicate reporter whereabouts to support editorial operations.
• Provide travel booking support during breaking news.
• Liaison with catering for staff events.
• Must have excellent communication skills, be detail oriented and a self-starter.
• Database management and light accounting experience.
• Must be familiar with broadcast radio industry and commercial inventory management and compliance.
• Must be reachable for occasional off-hours and weekend assignments.
• Limited travel.
BA or BS from a four year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.