Contract Administrator - ABC News Business Affairs
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ABC NEWS BUSINESS AFFAIRS has an opening for a Contract Administrator. Individual needs to be an extremely meticulous professional who is process-minded and is familiar with production, license and talent agreements. The person should also have some understanding of the hiring process generally as well as the functions of the Talent, Legal, HR, Finance, and Operations departments within a media organization. The Administrator needs to be a self-starter that can manage disparate workflows with numerous employees concurrently (both within and outside the talent and business affairs departments); is proficient at reading corporate contracts generally; can operate within news deadlines; builds relationships quickly across the business and is generally outgoing and solution oriented.
• Support and advise senior executives on issues related to the business affairs, talent and production processes that the coordinator will oversee.
• Coordinate and track all aspects of the initial outreach with prospective hires, assisting with the set-up and tracking of internal meetings, writing test and feedback document logging, partnering with show EPs, other department heads and the Talent department.
• Attend mission critical meetings and track and communicate the progress of new hires to various department heads and managers, including all signoffs needed for the talent and business affairs departments to begin the contract process and drafting talent recommendations.
• Maintain the business system through all phases of the contract process (including generating deal requests, deal memos, talent records and summary information).
• Follow-up with legal team on status of outstanding deals and finance team on payment issues.
• Update various summary contract reports as requested by the business affairs and talent teams.
• Ad hoc research of contractual terms for network and news executives.
• Assemble and distribute contract meeting agendas, post-meeting notes and track meetings generally.
• Coordinate visa support applications.
• Be the point person to assist with talent and contract matters as assigned.
• At least 2 years' experience in the media industry or related field (i.e. entertainment law firm)
• Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Must be proficient with database systems, as well as the suite of Microsoft products.
• Must be superior at building and maintaining internal and external relationships.
• 5 years' experience in media, entertainment / corporate law.
• Paralegal experience preferable.
• Prior demonstrated experience.
• Four Year College (or equivalent)
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.