Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Audio Operator (Project Hire)
ABC NEWS has an opening for an Audio Operator. The Audio Engineer will work with technical and news staff to satisfy production needs for live, recorded and automated programming under supervision of the Director and Operations management.
Candidates must have a comprehensive understanding of broadcast productions and signal flow along with a strong understating of broadcast audio boards, RTS intercom systems, RF and wired microphones.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and should be familiar with the latest television broadcast technologies. They should also be capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, all with the same level of urgency, and must be willing to work flexible hours/days depending on breaking news and/or operational needs.
This is a project position and is anticipated to last one year.
• Mix live and taped news productions with heavy emphasis on remotes and server playback.
• Prepare elements and control room for live and taped productions.
• Coordinate and prepare multiple discrete mix-minus feeds with the control room Tech Manager.
• Interface with editorial and control room staff to determine elements and solutions for new and ongoing productions.
• Test and verify all equipment: Networked audio console, intercoms, RF and hard line microphones, RF and hard line IFB's.
• Coordinate with Tech Manger to update intercom panels and IFB designations for productions.
• Manage shared audio resources for seamless control room switching.
• Five (5) years of related Audio experience in both a live and recorded, multi-camera broadcast environment.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of signal flow.
• Extensive experience in operating Calrec Audio Consoles.
• Extensive experience with RTS and AZedit intercom systems
• College or equivalent experience.
• Bachelor of Science/Arts degree in Communications or Sound Recording Technology preferred.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.