Associate Product Manager
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Associate Product Manager(Video Products)
ABC News Digital is looking for an Associate Product Manager to focus on building video-focused products, with a strong emphasis on product operations and user experience. The ideal candidate is collaborative, passionate about solving complex challenges and has demonstrated an ability to track, build and launch market-leading services, features and products.
• Help manage the launch of new and/or improved video-focused experiences.
• Apply insights from testing and other user research efforts to inform product optimizations and new product development.
• Work with digital publishing teams to monitor and troubleshoot operational issues across OTT platforms
• Identify bugs and work to resolve them quickly.
• Work closely with the Director of Video Product to ensure successful delivery of projects/products that align with business objectives, product goals and users' needs.
• 3 years of product management experience
• Personality suited to handle responsibility, leadership and deadlines under pressure
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills; attention to detail
• Stellar written and oral communication skills; ability to motivate ad lead meetings
• Passion for the News industry
• Accustomed to driving results in collaborative, cross-functional environments with little instruction oversight.
• Previous experience in an editorial-driven environment
• Previous start-up experience and/or work in a social media product space
• Previous experience working with an A/B testing program
• Education: BS/BA or equivalent
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.