Associate Producer, ABC News Radio
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Associate Producer reports to the Manager, Digital Audio.
Every day is different and exciting for ABC News Radio's Associate Producers! On any one day you might:
• Discover stories that deserve national coverage.
• Locate newsmakers for interviews. Engage with affiliates about local stories that deserve national attention.
• Create and edit audio content for 1,600 affiliate stations;
• Work with news anchors on their hourly new casts
• Select sound bites from interviews and press conferences;
• Develop news tips into fully-produced audio stories.
• Compose a script or edit a sportscast;
• Serve as first line of communication with our affiliates by making phone calls and responding to emails.
• Author articles for our digital services and select images to bring the story to life.
• Attend a movie or TV show screening!
Please apply if you have:
• At least 1 year of meaningful content creation and production experience;
• Experience in rough-cut editing in Avid, Adobe Audition, Pro Tools or similar audio programs;
• A flexible schedule that allows you to work for a 24/7 news operation.
• The energy and organizational skill to successfully manage multiple tasks at once;
• Experience performing under pressure in breaking news situations;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
It would be nice if you also are:
• Seasoned, with 2 years of creating audio content at the national level;
• A pro at delivering ready-to-air audio packages;
• Comfortable making editorial decisions; and
• Familiar with developing and producing podcasts.
You have a Bachelor's of Arts or equivalent experience.
Do you have a passion for creating world-class journalism using audio to inform and engage Americans? How would you like to create content for the largest radio news provider in the country? You'll work on newscasts, edit interviews, create fun features, select newsmaker soundbites, and help produce and engineer breaking news coverage. At ABC News Radio, we do it all.
Producing for ABC News Radio allows you to focus on what matters most - delivering accurate and essential news audio to over 1,650 radio stations as well as multiple digital platforms and our global partners.
The ABC News Radio team is comprised of, dynamic creative professionals who collaborate to ensure the news we create is consumed across our broadcast radio network, digital audio platforms and on hundreds of web sites. We're known for our impactful stories covering a range of genres and subjects, with special attention to breaking news.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.