Assistant News Director
Disney ABC Television GroupSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
POSITION: Assistant News Director
DATE POSTED: February 14, 2019
Description of Duties: KGO-TV, the ABC owned television station in the San Francisco Bay Area is seeking an outstanding Assistant News Director to join the ABC7 News Team. We are located at the center of Innovation and we welcome an ''idea person'' who is innovative and will challenge the status quo. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and dedicated hands-on newsperson to lead the daily operation of linear and digital content.
The Asst. News Director will report to and work closely with the Vice-President of News to achieve KGO's strategic goals. This newsroom leader will supervise Daypart Executive Producers, and other News Managers to execute the vision of being the best multi-platform content provider in the Bay Area. The Assistant News Director will collaborate with the VP of News, the Digital Director, and the Audience Development team to execute content creation across all platforms.
• Guide daily news coverage and content, including breaking news events, and enterprise reporting.
• Ensure the daily goals are communicated to the staff and successfully executed.
• Organize and plan content coverage for major events
• Oversee I-Team, Seven on Your Side units and Special Projects Producers
• Recruit and hire newsroom personnel in collaboration with VP of News.
• College degree and five years previous management experience in a top 20 market preferred.
• Excellent news judgement and ability to lead and inspire the ABC7 News Team.
• Proven leader with the ability to make decisions on daily content and logistics in a fast-paced environment.
• Expertise in digital, social media, and distribution platforms.
• Strong interpersonal, coaching, and collaborative management skills
• Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to multi-task in demanding situations
• Previous experience as an Assistant News Director or Digital Director, or five years of experience in news management.
• College degree in Journalism.
• Knowledge of the San Francisco Bay Area and the diverse communities KGO-TV serves.
Please log onto www.disneycareers.com and search for
Requisition ID# 639295BR (Assistant News Director);
create a candidate profile, and upload your resume and cover letter.
NO PHONE CALLS ACCEPTED
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until filled.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KGO Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
KGO Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.