Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ABC News is hiring an Assignment Editor.
• Coordinating coverage of breaking and ongoing news stories across the ABC News division; assigning appropriate newsgathering staff to cover those stories, including correspondents, producers, digital journalists and others.
• Assignment Editors work directly with ABC News programs and platforms to ensure that their assigned staff are collaborating effectively with newsgathering staff.
• Collaborating with ABC News Digital platforms to identify, pitch, and produce interesting stories.
• Working with the Logistics Desk to ensure the operational, technical and ENG needs of the field teams are being met.
• Assignment Editors are on duty in New York 24/7, and depending on one's shift and area of concentration, there are specific duties that are unique to individual Assignment Editors.
• Candidates must have a strong editorial background with a skill for finding unique and forward-looking story ideas for all broadcasts and platforms.
• Candidates should have previous newsroom experience, be familiar with all broadcasts and platforms and be an advocate for stories and staff.
• Minimum 3 years work experience
• Familiarity with Social/Digital Media
• Keen interest in wide range of current events
• Strong writing/editorial skills, management potential, ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Must be willing to work nights or weekends as needed
• 3-5 years of experience in broadcast or digital newsroom
• Social Newsgathering skills
• Video shooting/editing skills
• Additional languages
• BA or BS from a 4 year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.