Web Developer- Creative Services
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Under general supervision, responsible for the development and maintenance of websites, advertorials, front end applications, and training and tools supporting the Interactive Creative Services team.
1. Analyzes approved design mockups and develops web-standard code to produce functional websites and layouts
2. Maintains / supports existing, and develops new, web-based applications and tools.
3. Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external vendors to support necessary implementations of 3rd party applications.
4. Create and maintain documentation for products, applications, tools, and resources utilized by iCS.
5. Provides training to design team on new front end based templates, applications, tools, and web-development best practices and standards.
6. Participates in meetings with internal stakeholders as well as external clients to articulate development capabilities and solutions.
* Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Works independently and as a member of a team.
* Ability to plan and accomplish goals with limited supervision.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Working knowledge of User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX) and information design principles.
* Working knowledge of scripting languages including, but not limited to, JSON, AJAX, and PHP as well as API integration.
* Thorough understanding of Responsive Design principles and ability to develop websites within that discipline.
* Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and an expert ability to optimize design assets for the web from design comps.
* Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS), page delivery systems, ad sales / trafficking systems, and related business processes.
* Version control systems (SVN, Mercurial, GIT).
* Web hosting and experience with FTP as well as cloud infrastructure and platform experience (i.e., Amazon Web Services).
* Education & Experience
* BS / BA in related discipline and minimum 2 years of experience in related field - OR -
* MS / MA / MBA or other graduate degree and minimum 2 years of experience in related field.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN