Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
Full Time Job
About Discovery Golf:
Discovery Golf is a new global venture from Discovery that will bring coverage from the best professional golf events to fans around the world. Discovery Golf is creating a new, innovative digital platform to deliver live content and special features that will change the way golf coverage is enjoyed.
The VP of Marketing for Discovery Golf will lead and build a best-in-class marketing function from scratch that is deeply metrics driven. The goal ultimately is to drive customers/users to Discovery Golf’s digital platforms. He/she will be responsible for building and evolving the Discovery Golf brand, digital marketing, paid media, social media, advertising, creative, sponsorship/ partnership marketing and PR/ events.
• Build and grow a team of highly talented managers who own all advertising programs for Discovery Golf including CRM activity (Email, Push notifications, Direct mail, retargeting), Paid Digital Media (Search, Affiliates, Programmatic Display), Social & Native advertising, Mass Media (TV, Print, Radio, OOH).
• Create the strategic marketing plan for customer acquisition across a global audience
• Develop financial budgets and manage cost per acquisition targets based on customer lifetime value models
• Orchestrate all activity across the marketing org in support of the business - media, email, analytics, research, etc.- to ensure alignment with business priorities and schedule
• Test new performance marketing channels and tactics to extend reach and scale of campaigns.
• Own all brand and consumer marketing functions including:
• Provide “voice of the consumer” throughout Marketing initiatives
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders as required to execute brand and partnership plans and activities
• Drive the development and execution of campaigns for Discovery Golf products
• Manage information flow between departments to ensure all materials communicate brand objectives and positioning.
• Participate in Marketing & Integrated Marketing brainstorms, ideation and campaign execution, as needed.
• Actively coordinate select marketing events and activations.
• Develop and Maintain Marketing activation calendar
• Maintain a consistent voice/tone through all work.
• Determine appropriate media mix for driving cost-efficient results
• Act as overall lead for ES digital campaign management efforts.
• Deep experience working in direct-to-consumer (B2C) media companies with digital content. Familiarity with both subscription- and advertising-based business models would be ideal.
• Deep understanding of, and strong success in, a business focused on the implementation of consumer acquisition and/or retention marketing tactics and plans.
• Extensive familiarity with using customer segmentation and data, test, target and measure marketing campaigns and advanced, innovative digital strategies
• Experience managing a CRM and data system to enhance a subscription and advertising business and more effectively communicate with and engage consumers.
• Proven leadership of a multifunctional marketing and data organization, responsible for driving significant revenue impact.
He/she will partner with VP Digital/Growth to develop goals and KPIs for all acquisition, retention and revenue metrics and will be responsible for the execution of media/marketing plans to achieve those goals.