Techbook Adoptions Manager
Discovery CommunicationsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Discovery is the number-one nonfiction media company, with a reach that encompasses television as well as digital media, retail products and online educational services. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-in-hand with our business objectives and performance.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
The Discovery Education Educational Consultant Manager for Adoptions position is responsible for supporting the educational partnership teams as an educational expert focused on driving the awareness and new sales of Discovery Education’s digital textbook series during district and state level adoptions.
1. Serve as an expert in the management of state and district adoption processes.
2. Serve as an educational expert, understanding current educational trends and research in curriculum, instruction and assessment, to drive the awareness and new sales of Discovery
3. Understand the digital textbook industry and state adoption landscape, providing internal thought leadership to support the continued development of Discovery Education Techbooks.
4. Possess a thorough knowledge of the functional and educational aspects of Discovery Education’s Science, Social Studies and Math Techbooks.
5. Support the partnership teams as an educational expert specific to the Discovery Education Science, Social Studies and Math Techbooks.
6. Execute flawlessly Discovery Education Techbook demonstrations, presentations and consultations that meet state level requirements and that are appropriate to a variety of audiences, including, but not limited to, superintendents and central office administrators, subject specific and building administrators and content area and classroom teachers.
7. Provide instructional expertise to support and develop marketing collateral and Discovery Education Techbook specific resources to increase the awareness and sales of the products and their corresponding professional development.
Grow Revenue & Techbook Business
8. Directly contribute to the revenue growth of Discovery Education by meeting or exceeding annual Techbook revenue goals.
9. Propose and close professional development plans to support the effective implementation of Techbooks and lay the groundwork, in collaboration with partnerships and Professional Develepment Education Consultants, for the creation of larger, systemic professional development plans.
10. Execute unique and innovative strategies to grow awareness and increase the new sales of Discovery Education Techbooks.
11. Collaborate with partnerships, marketing, Techbook Adoption and Professional Develepment Education Consultant teams to determine and deliver resources, activities and events focused on building relationships with partners to grow the brand awareness and new sales of Discovery Education Techbooks through the adoption process.
12. Grow the Discovery Education Techbook pipeline for a specific region while using customer relationship management (CRM) tools and reports to determine strategic areas of focus and communicate pipeline status regularly to the Discovery Education Techbook Adoption Director.
Ensure Consistent, Effective Messaging and Communication of Techbook across the Division
13. Participate on regular team calls and other collaborative discussions with the Techbook Adoption team.
14. Travel with members of the educational partnerships teams to ensure flawless messaging, communication and presentation of Discovery Education Techbooks.
15. Provide opportunities to grow the Discovery Education Techbook knowledge and skill set of the partnership teams.
16. Collaborate on the development of Techbook proposals for district partners.
17. Collaborate with internal partners to shepherd clients completely through the sales and implementation process to ensure a smooth transition.
1. Achieve assigned personal and team sales targets – Adoption Focus Regional Teams in Adoption Down Times.
2. Create demand for Discovery’s suite of Techbook products
3. Schedule and host partnership meetings to understand district goals and communicate Discovery Education’s capacity to support strategic priorities
4. Deliver high-level presentations to administrators, curriculum directors, and teachers
5. Employ a consultative approach to build, maintain & strengthen relationships with key decision makers
6. Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, written/verbal communication, organizational, follow-up, consultative and presentation skills
7. Maintain high level of customer service at all times
8. Support other key projects needed to generate revenue and build senior level relationships
Product / Industry Knowledge
1. Demonstrate exceptional product/solution knowledge
2. Effectively articulate Discovery Education’s strategic vision and capacity to support transformation
3. Maintain thorough understanding of industry trends, current events, emerging technologies, etc.
Internal Collaboration Responsibilities
1. Partner with company personnel (i.e. Vice President, Director, Marketing, Communications, Account Services, Compliance, Legal, Finance, etc.) to develop and execute strategies to ensure attainment of personal and territory goals
Data Analysis Responsibility
1. Collaborate with Partnership Data Specialist to process all contracts and post sales request such as invoices, reimbursements, amendments, etc.
2. Play an integral role in maintaining the accuracy of database and data integrity (Salesforce, Box, KMS, etc.)
3. Track and communicate individual sales progress on an on-going basis
4. Research and analysis industry/account trends and information
Fiscal & Travel Responsibility
1. Adhere to assigned regional budget by managing travel and event expenses to demonstrate high-level fiscal responsibility
2. Travel up to 80% required
3. Partnership and sales contact will be made by telephone, Webinar and/or in person
* Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience
* Approximately 3-5 years sales and/or account management experience with a proven track record of territory management, consultative sales and exceptional client relations
* Attention to detail and organizational skills essential
* Proven track record of effective strategic thinking and ability to prioritize/communicate diverse workload
* Proactively seek direction/guidance from management when expectations need clarification
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other related products/systems
* Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrate a consultative “problem solving oriented” approach
* Ability to work independently as well as with team members
* Strong sense of personal initiative & urgency to accomplish tasks
* Expertise in industry trends and research
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States