Discovery CommunicationsMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Discovery Digital Media is looking for a Client Engineering Technology Lead to lead a team of client engineers to build applications with best-of-breed UX across Web, Android, iOS, FireTV, tvOS, Xbox, Roku and future platforms.
We deploy applications for each of our network brands: Discovery, TLC, Velocity, Science Chanel, Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet, American Heroes Channel, Destination America, Discovery Life, Discovery Familia and Discovery en Español.
Our client technology stack includes ReactJS, Redux, Node.js, ReactNative, Swift, Android and BrightScript. We love working with modern tools and sharing our experiences with the community.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help solve complex but interesting scalability, performance and availability problems for products consumed by millions of users each day! You will have the opportunity to work with a suite of great technologies and in a highly collaborative environment where the engineers get together on a quarterly basis in NY to problem solve major business challenges.
1. Lead by example through coding, this is a hands-on engineering role.
2. Write clean, concise, readable code that follows common design patterns and principles.
3. Complete work with a conscientious attitude and good follow-through.
4. Collaborate with coworkers from design, engineering, product, project, QA and content teams.
5. Translate functional requirements into solutions that work well with current architecture.
6. Preform peer code reviews.
7. Utilize multi-tasking and context shifting skills.
8. Identify inefficiencies and make recommendations.
9. Develop prototypes and proof of concept projects to test the waters with new technologies or ideas.
10. Stay informed with changes in technology and formally present new processes and technologies our team.
11. Produce comprehensive, usable software documentation.
What You Need
* 10 years of professional experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
* Commanding knowledge of device manufacturer guidelines, signing, certification and publishing processes.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
Skills & Requirements
* Commanding knowledge of using Git and Git workflows.
* Ability to provide code samples either privately or through a Github repo.
* Several applications in an App store with a favorable rating.
* Expert knowledge of debugging and profiling.
* Must have legal right to work in the United States.
Nice to Haves
Experience with any of the following would be considered a plus…
* Design interest or background with a heightened attention to visual detail
* ReactJS or ReactNative application development
* HTML5 Video, ExoPlayer, Brightcove or other video players
* Client-side or Server-side ad stitching technology
* Ad Tech (VPAID, VAST) or Freewheel integration
* Connected device development like Roku, Xbox, FireTV or Smart TVs
• Competitive salaries
• Paid time off
• Medical, dental, & vision insurance
• Life insurance and disability benefits
• Fitness Discounts
• Apple equipment
• Much more...
We are a small, but mighty team, working at the cross roads of technology and entertainment to bring content from iconic television brands to our audiences over the Internet in the most entertaining ways we can imagine and build. As television changes, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people’s curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.