Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
The Systems Analyst is a member of the Media and Content Distribution Systems group, which is responsible for developing and maintaining systems for managing Discovery’s rich media libraries. As part of this group, the Systems Analyst will work with business users and stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of their needs, processes, goals, and priorities and work with development teams and vendors to provide solutions. This role will assist in the analysis, design, configuration, construction, and maintenance of information technology solutions as part of an agile development team. The Systems Analyst may also act as the Scrum Master for the team. The Systems Analyst must have excellent communication skills, critical thinking skills, and should be a creative and innovative thinker
1. Work with development teams, IT, and third party vendors in the build out of existing and new IT solutions
2. Synthesize feedback from users and stakeholders for inclusion into technology solutions
3. Work towards increasing customer satisfaction for systems
4. Identify and execute application cost reduction and simplification projects that improve year-to-year cost productivity of the application area
5. Identify areas for improvement either in the process or the system based on volume/frequency of issues occurring
6. Build relationships with stakeholders by demonstrating reliability, cooperativeness, honesty, and an unbiased approach to the analysis work
7. Understand existing systems affected by a project so that the impact of any proposed changes are more easily identified, evaluated, and managed
8. Assist with evaluation of proposed new solutions and preparation of solution alternative analyses to determine how closely solutions meet stakeholder and solution requirements
9. Assist in the delivery of system upgrades and implementations
10. Develop project communication plans and ensure roles and responsibilities are defined for project team members
11. Conduct project ceremonies and documentation
12. Participate in change management and release coordination
13. Perform other duties as needed, and as directed by supervisor.
* 3 or more years of related experience
* Bachelor’s degree
* Strong communication and facilitation skills
* Experience with collaboration tools, specifically Slack, Jira, and Box
* Knowledge of digital video, metadata, and still images preferred
* Self-motivated multi-tasker with the ability to work independently and in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical personnel in distributed locations
* Ability to apply critical thinking and logical reasoning when resolving complex and ambiguous problems
* Ability to take lead role in small projects
* Proficient working with Microsoft Office, Project, and Visio and solid foundational knowledge of information technologies.
* Some experience with scripting or programming languages and experience with relational or multidimensional databases, query languages, reporting/analytics tools and technologies.
* Driven and self-motivated team player with a results oriented mindset
* Extraordinary time management, planning and organizational skills
* Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
* Must be willing to travel as required
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN
As Discovery’s portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery’s products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery’s growing pay-TV, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.