SVP Product & Content Operations
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
About Discovery Golf
Discovery Golf is a new global venture from Discovery that will bring coverage from the best professional golf events to fans around the world. GolfTV is creating a new, innovative platform to deliver live content and special features that will change the way golf is consumed on all platforms across the globe.
As SVP of GolfTV Product and Content Operations, you will drive the development and execution of the product and content strategy of digital products across multiple platforms in market around the world.
You will lead and implement a product strategy and roadmap to engage and grow audiences on its video focused properties across a multi-device distributed environment spanning mobile, web, smart TV, OTT devices, tablets, connected devices and PC’s/computers across both SVOD and AVOD business models. You will manage the technology and product operations for [GolfTV]’s digital products, manage key technology vendor and partner relationships, and manage the Customer Care function for subscribers. Ultimately, this person is responsible for delivering a world class innovative product that golf fans around the world love.
The SVP will also have oversight for all content operations and all published content including live event operations. The SVP is responsible for integration of all video content into all all platforms globally including working cross functionally to share creative resources to enhance both TV and digital content coverage. The SVP will also lead social media content strategy and deliver a continuous stream of short-form video content to markets all over the world.
This role reports into the CEO/GM [GolfTV], and will work closely with the leadership team to define and manage the product vision, strategy and roadmap that will make [GolfTV] lead in the digital sports market.
• Develop products that will ensure successful growth of total audience, subscriber and revenue through the entire digital ecosystem including both 3rd parties and owned & operated channels; domains, apps & player.
• Manage the entire product roadmap, getting internal consensus and incorporating feedback from internal teams and prospects.
• Manage all technology vendor and partner relationships involved in building and delivering [GolfTV]’s digital products.
• Oversee the user-experience design process to ensure best-in-class products.
• Deliver high quality products as perceived by the end user, measured against satisfaction metrics.
• Ensure complex business needs are perfectly documented and reflected in product roadmaps and in the resulting products.
• Provide inspirational leadership, motivation and hands-on direction to all product development and tech staff.
• Cultivate a milestone-driven culture, in which consistent innovation and progress are expected.
• Implement highly effective product development processes.
• Ensure on-time, on-budget delivery of products against timelines.
• Develop products that will ensure successful growth of audience and views through the entire digital ecosystem including both 3rd parties and owned & operated channels; domains, apps & player.
• Drive consistency of execution across every phase of [GolfTV]’s Digital Media’s product offerings.
• Build world class content operations organization ensuring that Golftv is delivering the highest quality and quanity of localized content across all platforms
• Creativity – need to think creatively across both product and content roadmap
• Effectively manage and prioritise resources across product platforms.
• Develop the framework to optimize revenue generation through commerce and advertising integrations
• Attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
• Extensive experience in product development & technology in a video / media setting, including at an executive level.
• Track record of developing market leading products, preferably in the video space, relevant experience defining or owning a product area.
• Success in cost effectively increasing traffic to digital properties.
• Expert understanding of video advertising, ad serving and the economics of digital video.
• Relentless commitment to detail and quality of experience for the user.
• Familiarity with international media environments; experience in building consensus across cultural and functional lines.
• Has extensive expertise in all levels of product life-cycle from product from requirement gathering, architecture, planning and creation and review of acceptance test plans.
• Have Knowhow of User Experience and Usability and be able to apply it to the product.
• Experience with OTT, mobile and smart TV products & video development cycles.
• Familiar with core TV UI concepts and functionalities such as: TVOD, SVOD, PVOD, Bundles, Catalogs, EPG, PIP, CMS, Settings, Zapping Banners and Social Integration.
• Excellent written and oral communication. Able to write and present to non-digitally savvy audiences
• Executive and team leadership skills with the ability to balance creative thinking with strong attention to detail.
• Able to apply sound judgment to make decisions in line overall development strategy and process.
Thinking strategically, set direction and create a road map for others to follow