SVP Global Strategy & Ops
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
SVP, Global Strategy and Operations, Direct to Consumer is a new role reporting to the CEO Global Direct to Consumer and is a key member of his executive leadership team. The SVP will help translate the Digital vision and strategy into actions and successful results. Will act as thoughtful unbiased partner to the CEO Global DTC and the Digital team(s) to ensure the right strategic focus and operational discipline is applied globally. The position requires strong strategic mindset and operational leadership. Collaborative problem solving and the ability to work effectively with different constituencies is critical; as well as aptitude to operate under ambiguity while bringing sound business judgement to address challenges.
Provide strategic and operational expertise to help scale up the business and execute vision/priorities (60%)
1. Proactively partner with CEO DTC, Digital team and Discovery leadership to formulate digital business strategy, plans and objectives
2. Develop a deep, passionate understanding of the business, own the operating results, and think strategically about the company across its various components, partnering to execute on day-to-day business imperatives.
3. Lead and support identification, definition, evaluation and prioritization of opportunities to execute CEO’s vision based on key performance indicators.
4. Provide leadership to help guarantee consistent approach across organization groups on strategic, financial, and operational aspects
5. Provide unbiased partnership to install discipline and ensure business opportunities are pursued/executed efficiently and effectively
6. Support the definition and socialization of analytical frameworks to support strategy execution
Provide business critical change management leadership (20%)
1. Lead the identification and structuring of issues/questions to be solved, and the structuring of related projects. Ultimate responsibility for the appropriate pace/on time execution of projects
2. Position change in a motivating manner, with a disposition that fosters inclusion and is tough on problems rather than on people. Bridge to other functions of the business and partner with other executives to adapt and extend the business model.
3. Establish processes for effectively monitoring and communicating key initiatives and results. Regularly communicate results vs. goals and adjust as necessary
Develop and cultivate strong relationship with key stakeholders to drive the planning and execution of vital strategic and operational goals (15%)
1. Establish productive and collaborative relationships with senior leadership and diverse partners across the company
2. Facilitate flow of information between stakeholders
3. Act as catalyst for effective alignment between groups: expose needs, interdependency, limitations, constraints, and mitigate potential silo approaches
Develop and coach other members of the team (5%)
1. Empower team members to complete activities
2. Create a sense of team identity and hold teams accountable for meeting collective goals
* Strong experience in a creating and driving strategic vision, in digital a plus
* 15 years gained at equivalent services
* MBA a
* Experience of managing a P&L a plus
* Exposure to working across multi-disciplinary teams.
* Ability to identify ways to transform the business or adds additional business models to drive performance
* Ability to restructure or reengineer organizational processes for a measurable positive impact on revenue generation.
* Sets benchmarks independent of, and beyond, organizational best practice, based on a clearly defined understanding of what is possible.
* Adopts a long-term perspective about the business.
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to interface with cross-functional teams, as a leader, in a professional and polished manner
* Strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality using good judgment and an exceptional sense of accountability
* Extreme comfort with large, complex data sets and high-level Excel skills
* High energy, strong team player, creative thinker and strategic influencer.
* Demonstrated experience playing a leadership role across a broad set of cross-functional teams.
* Must be willing to Travel
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY