SVP & GM Direct To Consumer
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The GM, Direct to Consumer will lead the creation and launch of a D2C product for Discovery. Reporting to the President, this leader is responsible for leading the development, delivery and ongoing operations of products that support the Digital organization objectives.
1. Partner with President to implement the D2C strategy and meaningfully develop the business
2. Leads the cross functional teams to stand-up the product, as well as oversee the day to day business operations, which includes driving engagement, subscribers, retention and revenue
3. Oversee the roadmap and continually identify and propose new opportunities
4. Serve as main POC managing existing deal obligations, developing programming content lists, oversight of operational fulfilment, coordination with DCI Finance and Accounting teams on revenue tracking & compliance, and other areas of accountability as related to client management.
5. Work closely with engineering team to deliver world-class products that set an industry standard
6. Work closely with the US nets programming teams on programming Discovery’s networks cross platform and ensuring driving value back to the linear networks.
7. Act as a strategic advisor to Digital management team, effectively voicing fact-based insights and recommendations on issues relating to business goals and strategies.
8. Attend client meetings and present cross-platform programming priorities to key Digital and domestic distribution clients helping secure promotion and placement for upcoming stunts/series
9. Monitor and drive competitive and industry best practices to keep team abreast of key industry trends
10. Oversee a high performing P&L and work closely with senior finance teams on driving revenue as well as finding efficiencies to reduce costs
11. Recruit, develop and lead a top performing digital team
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field required
* Minimum 10 - 15 years’ work experience in digital preferable from product management
* Tech savvy, understanding of how it works
* Strategic thinking skills, with the ability to identify and implement process improvements, connecting the dots to ensure disparate efforts to ladder up to larger opportunities for the business as a whole
* Possess broad-based thinking about new and innovative ways that brands can engage with existing and prospective clients
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to look at the broader perspective as it relates to business strategy and use the data to create thoughtful recommendations
* Strong interpersonal skills, influence management and collaborative working style – ability to inspire, motivate and lead cross-functional teams to achieve goals
* Results driven, ensuring short-term goals are achieved that support long-term initiatives
* Entrepreneurial and energetic – is engaged in new trends and ideas, keeps abreast of digital innovations
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and bring clarity and structure to ambiguous situations
* Diligent about the details; gets hands dirty – enjoys rolling up sleeves and figuring things out
* Work experience in Entertainment / Television a plus
* Travel (if required)
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY