Supervisor - Asset Management
Discovery CommunicationsSterling, VA
Full Time Job
The Asset Management Supervisor oversees day-to-day broadcast graphics production. This position manages incoming graphics deliveries and workorder requests, the creation and execution of on air graphics and ensures all functions of the Asset Management area are operating efficiently. This supervisor manages a staff of 7 Asset Management Technicians with 3-4 direct reports.
1. Supervision of Asset Management Operations.
2. Personnel supervision and assessments including but not limited to schedule management, reviews and training.
3. Conduct training sessions to further expand AMO Team knowledge
4. Lead AMO Technicians in preparation and execution of on-air initiatives pertaining to branding elements and live events.
5. Partner closely with network contacts and graphics vendors to ensure timely delivery, approvals and execution of on air graphics.
6. Lead AMO Technicians in implementation of new/revised workflow processes based on new technology integration and client/business initiatives.
7. Schedule and lead team meetings to discuss on-going initiatives
8. Participate in organizational meetings to discuss client requests
9. Partner closely with Engineering and IT to troubleshoot and resolve technical process issues while also developing solutions for new requests.
10. Manages graphic and media management assignment distribution to Technicians.
11. Ensure all media management functions are completed including sending daily reports.
12. Oversee metrics reporting for on air graphics creation and Asset Management functions including identifying new tasks that need to be tracked.
13. All other duties as assigned.
* Experience in a broadcast design and broadcast operations environment preferred.
* Must be able to handle high pressure multi-tasking situations.
* Must be able to develop and deploy new workflows to meet client needs for a large-scale operation.
* Must have strong leadership abilities and the willingness to lead by example.
* Must have strong communication skills and be able to effectively detail issues to both Technical and Creative groups.
* Must have working knowledge of the following software: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects.
* Preferred knowledge with the following software: Vertigo X-Media Suite, Vizrt Artist & Trio, Evertz OTB.
* Willing to learn new software and skills as necessary to fulfill new requests.
* Computer proficiency, strong verbal and written skills including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) are required.
* Operational knowledge of automation systems, video servers, graphics servers, databases and Social TV solutions required.
* Knowledge/experience with multimedia file formats (.MPG, .MOV, .WMV), file delivery vendors and transcode solutions a plus.
* Must be flexible to support scheduling for 24/7 broadcast operations.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Sterling, Virginia, VA