Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, MD
Full Time Job
TLC Marketing is searching for an experienced Supervising Producer. Under guidance of the VP Marketing Creative the Supervising Producer will serve as a senior member of the creative team, both in terms of high-profile projects and managing other members of the team.
1. Conceptualize write and produce promotional campaigns for the major on and off air campaigns, on a 360 level.
2. Produce Special Projects: i.e. program opens, behind-the-scenes, programming interstitials, and branded entertainment projects
3. Write and produce internal projects: i.e. departmental presentation tapes, marketing and ad sales tapes.
4. Manage relationships with multiple outside production companies, different departments within the company, and with all internal members of the team.
5. Be involved in department systems, i.e. budget tracking, workflow management, managing departmental resources
6. Responsible for the production process across all medias
7. Create/manage production schedules and budgets.
8. Write and/or evaluate scripts.
9. Direct talent and supervise narration sessions.
10. Oversee and direct the creation of original music and graphics.
11. Perform and or supervise off-line edit sessions.
12. Contract with outside facilities and vendor services.
13. Manage members of the team
14. Represent the department in a positive light
* A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Video/Film Production or related field is preferred.
* A minimum of six years experience writing and producing promotion and marketing projects for broadcast or cable television.
* Must be highly collaborative, play nicely with others and be positive and nice.
* Must be calm under pressure and work well with a wide variety of personality types.
* Must have successful track record of high profile 360 campaign execution at a large network
* Proven track record of original live action shoots with extensive show talent interaction including interviewing skills and direction
* Must have proven experience and produce examples of high-profile print campaign experience and execution
* A strong interest and background in broadcast design and a well-rounded and up-to-date knowledge of postproduction tools and the postproduction process are essential.
* Proven writing and producing skills.
* Must be well organized, capable of handling several projects simultaneously, have the ability to work independently and possess excellent intrapersonal skills.
* Must display a commitment to excellence and to on-going education in video/film production and to the mastery of his/her craft.
* Microsoft Windows (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint) experience is required.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Silver Spring, Maryland, MD