Strategic Sales Services Analyst
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Strategic Sales Services Analyst supports Discovery’s Ad Sales reporting and data governance initiatives and assists with day-to-day Posting & Stewardship needs for Nielsen-measured networks. This position fills both operational and analytical needs.
1. Working with the Ad Sales Data Manager assist with all facets of master data governance – including list maintenance for both linear and digital sales.
2. Participate with Account Budgeting System related data maintenance.
3. Monitor and quality control all data and systems (Deal Builder/Gabriel/Salesforce/FreeWheel/Posting/Stewardship) for data integrity leading to sound published results.
4. Assist with the maintenance of existing and development of new smart, compelling reports and dashboards to track Ad Sales KPI’s.
5. Work closely with Ad Sales, internal IT Staff and third party posting vendor to coordinate the monthly execution of the posting process through Deal Builder and Gabriel.
6. Assist in efforts to maximize inventory use by providing weekly liability report updates along with a list of booked ADU/Recap units to help manage inventory.
7. Research, track and help to rectify Posting/Stewardship discrepancies on a regular basis so that completed deals may be closed during the Closing of Deals process.
8. Support Ad Sales by helping with advertiser level stewardship including but not limited to liability, overdelivery and recapturable units reporting.
9. Help prepare and deliver weekly, monthly, annual sales analysis reports which include insightful analysis of sales activity and results.
10. Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge and relationship with the Sales staff.
11. Assist with special projects as required.
* 1-3 years professional experience in an analytical role, preferably within the media industry.
* College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
* High-level use of Excel and high level of proficiency with a data warehouse too.
* Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
* Key understanding of financial concepts – an understanding of media math a plus.
* Must be able to proof, analyze and simplify great amounts of detailed data.
* Aptitude for dealing with numbers and numerical relationships.
* Candidate must be well organized, capable of handling several projects simultaneously.
* Ability to work quickly and accurately under deadline pressure.
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Must be a critical thinker with the ability to work independently and as a team player.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY