Sr UX Architect
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As Sr. User Experience Architect, you will work closely with Product Design, Engineering and Business to define and develop all UX/IA documentation and user flows for our global products, platforms, services and experiences. You are an integral part of how we work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary user centered product environment. You will have hands-on experience as an Information Architect, Interaction, or Product Experience Designer with a deep understanding of the fundamentals and practice of design, Design Thinking, and product design. In this role, you will partner across multiple product, business and cross-functional teams responsible for global multi-platform portfolios.
Your role as an Experience Design Leader drives our product experiences to engage, delight and resonate with new and existing fans of Discovery, HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, Science, ID, OWN and more. You will thrive in a customer focused, customer obsessed environment using research and data to design experiences people love. You will lead and motivate dedicated, cross-functional Agile teams by communicating big ideas and experiences that are attainable to move the business forward.
At Discovery, we’re looking for leaders, innovators and creative problem solvers who are passionate about their work, and are driven to engage, entertain and delight the millions of users who visit our digital properties every day. If you want to work on the future of media alongside amazingly talented colleagues, then this is the place for you.
This role is a Full Time Staff Position that will work on-site in our offices at New York, NY and/or Los Angeles, CA.
1. Define and create the user experience and information architecture for our products, platforms, services and experiences.
2. Define, design and maintain functionality, navigation, and interaction models through use cases, user maps and flows, and functional requirements documentation for Product Design.
3. Understanding of customer centered needs, tasks and goals buy translating them into smart and innovative solutions for our Product Design & Development teams.
4. Working closely with Product, Business, Marketing, Brand, and Design teams to translate business requirements into meaningful product experiences
5. Identify and connect similar use cases, flows, and experiences across product design teams.
6. Work across Product Design, Business & Marketing teams define global design solutions.
7. Participate in immersive user research, concept testing, usability testing, and analytics.
8. Build relationships to align & influence across Business, Product, Technology and Marketing.
9. Demonstrate the highest standards - through clear direction to teams, stakeholders, & clients.
10. Inspire/mentor others on design teams and other creative teams within the organization.
11. Participate in user experience thought leadership in both the company and the industry.
* 5 years of experience as Information Architect, Interaction, or Experience Design Lead within a large-scale consumer facing organization, agency or multi-platform product company.
* 3 years’ experience working on high performing Product Design teams with connected product experiences.
* Degree in HCI, Product Design, Engineering and/or combined work experience with Interaction Design, Design Thinking and Agile development methodologies.
* Ability to manage multiple work streams & deliver the highest quality for large scale products.
* Proficiency in high level strategic thinking with the ability to identify cross product impacts
* Ability to cut through ambiguity and desire to organize it with a focus on customer needs.
* Proven ability to execute on information architecture of complex multi-platform interfaces
* Deep understanding of product design, user experience, information hierarchy, and user-flows for Mobile, Living Room & Connected Product Environments.
* Hands on experience with variety of user research techniques including user testing, personas, user tasks and scenarios, internal and external user interviews.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Online portfolio demonstrating broad skills, versatile aesthetic, high-end customer facing experiences, with expertise in design principles, thinking and usability. Please provide a link and any appropriate PDF materials to view your digital samples.
* Hands on team player that can work easily with multiple stakeholders including Design, Product, Engineering, Data & Research, Project Management, Marketing, Business and Sales.
* Proven track record successfully creating and managing global products, platforms & services.
* Experience navigating large organizations, developing collaborative relationship and influencing across various partner groups.
* Comfort operating in a fast-paced dynamic environment and managing change.
* Excellent oral and written skills, and able to present to small or large groups of people including Design, Marketing, Production, Product Teams, and Executive Stakeholders.
* Uncanny drive and passion to deliver the best experience for consumers and proven track record to deliver compelling, innovative and award-winning user and product experiences.
* Consumer Electronics, Entertainment & Lifestyle Product experience are a BIG PLUSSES.
* Strong history of success showcasing broad range of products and services are a MUST.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
At Discovery, our mission is to serve passionate fans with products, platforms and experiences that inspire, inform and entertain through industry leading content and deeply trusted & beloved brands.
Discovery Digital Products is a fast-paced, innovative design, product and technology group that designs and builds industry leading products, platforms and experiences. What makes us unique from the rest of the burgeoning entertainment technology world is that we have award-winning content, work with a wide range of creators, and have the backing of a world leading Global Media Company.