Sr Software Engineer - Vid Streaming
Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us bring our video-streaming experience to a new level. As a key member of a cross-functional team, you will deliver high quality code in a timely manner.
• Delivering high quality code on time as part of a cross-functional team
• Taking an active part in team discussions around system component design, improvement and integration.
• Designing and developing high performance, test-driven code
• Working with and maintaining a large existing code base as well as new components
• Maintaining production code
• Contributing to deployment and QA processes
• This job will require travel to our Paris, New York and Bellevue offices
You will need to have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability and great communication skills. We value individuals who are motivated to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, and have high levels of creativity, great analytical reasoning skills, and, of course, a passion for TV and Sport!
• Proven experience within a similar Software Engineering or Development role
• Expertise in one or more of the following
• Knowledge of Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, SOA, UNIX, middleware, and database systems
• Proven track record of designing and delivering large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality systems and software products
• Expert knowledge of AWS (practical experience with GCP and/or Azure is a bonus!)
• Deep experience with service-oriented architecture, highly distributed systems, high transaction volume and high availability
• Experience with enterprise platforms and externally-facing APIs is highly desirable
• Experience with object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of professional software engineering fundamentals and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
• Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems
• Experience implementing and consuming large-scale web services
• Experience with media delivery over the internet and good understanding of the network technologies
• Experience with implementing Big Data-based solutions and Machine Learning systems
Discovery Digital Media
Discovery Digital Media is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Communications, a high-performing global team working at the dynamic intersection of Technology and Entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we continuously leverage our technological capabilities to create immersive viewing experiences for iconic brands including Eurosport, GOLFTV, MotorTrend and DPlay.
Eurosport produces authentic, premium and innovative content, on linear and digital platforms. It combines expertise, passion and resources to develop high-value programmes and offer unrivalled coverage to viewers in 99 countries, in 21 languages. Having secured the exclusive European broadcast rights for the Olympics until 2024, there's no better time to join Eurosport on this incredible adventure.