Sr Product Manager
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Discovery Digital is seeking an experienced Sr. Product Manager responsible for driving new, innovative and groundbreaking customer experiences across our growing product, platform, and services ecosystems. As Sr. Product Manager you will guide the Product and Design Teams to collaborate with fellow members of the Business, Engineering, Data, Marketing and Partner Teams to conceptualize, design and develop vision and product roadmaps into usable, useful and delightful products and experiences. The Sr. Product Manager will inspire members of your teams and colleagues to develop and deliver award-winning products, interfaces and experiences people love.
At Discovery, we’re looking for leaders, innovators and creative problem solvers who are passionate about their work, and are driven to engage, entertain and delight the millions of users who visit our digital properties every day. Our brands include Discovery, HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, Science, ID, OWN and leading content partners around the world. If you want to work on the future of media alongside amazingly talented colleagues, then this is the place for you.
1. Define, articulate, and advocate product vision/strategy and roadmaps that will support multiple product lines and use cases across mobile, web, connected, and conversational experiences.
2. Manage cross functional teams to deliver flexible, scalable, high-performing consumer platforms that result in real customer and business value.
3. Partner with business and product marketing to support/inform their priorities and roadmaps.
4. Present concepts, strategies and goals effectively to Mid & Senior Level Executives.
5. Demonstrate proven experience with successful multi-platform products and project delivery.
6. Manage complex products and project plans with multiple work streams & dependencies.
7. Drive Design Thinking Practices throughout Product, Business & Marketing Teams.
8. Define and build consensus on meaningful metrics for customer and business success.
9. Define opportunities through product discovery, rapid experimentation and A/B testing.
10. Author use cases, stories and build shared prioritization, features and product backlog.
11. Identify gaps and anticipate risks; take actions to address design risks & determine solutions.
12. Ensure communication and transparency by partnering with internal cross-functional teams.
13. Demonstrate the highest standards - through clear direction to teams, stakeholders, & clients.
14. Inspire/mentor others on design teams and other creative teams within the organization.
* 5 years of experience as Product, Design, or Sr. Product Leader within a large-scale consumer facing organization, agency or multi-platform product company.
* 3 years’ experience leading product & technical teams with connected product experiences.
* BA or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Product or Interactive Design, HCI and/or Cognitive Psychology (OR) combined work experience with human factors training.
* Experience working with high performance teams of 10 across multiple locations & skillsets.
* Deep knowledge and experience in Mobile, Living Room & Connected Product Environments
* Hands on experience with variety of user research techniques including user testing, personas, user tasks and scenarios, internal and external user interviews.
* Online portfolio demonstrating broad skills, versatile aesthetic, high-end customer facing experiences, with expertise in design principles, thinking and usability. Please provide a link and any appropriate PDF materials to view your digital samples.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Hands on team player that can work easily with multiple stakeholders including Design, Product, Engineering, Data & Research, Project Management, Marketing, Business and Sales.
* Proven track record successfully creating and managing global products, platforms & services.
* Experience navigating large organizations, developing collaborative relationship and influencing across various partner groups.
* Technical fluency in areas including streaming data, data analytics, machine learning, and general software design and development
* Exceptional leadership skills, team building, management, & people development experience.
* Comfort operating in a fast-paced dynamic environment and managing change.
* Excellent oral and written skills, and able to present to small or large groups of people including Design, Marketing, Production, Product Teams, and Executive Stakeholders.
* Uncanny drive and passion to deliver the best experience for consumers and proven track record to deliver compelling, innovative and award-winning user and product experiences.
* Consumer Electronics, Entertainment & Lifestyle Product experience are big plusses.
* Strong history of success showcasing broad range of products and services are a must.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
At Discovery, our mission is to serve passionate fans with products, platforms and experiences that inspire, inform and entertain through industry leading content and deeply trusted & beloved brands. Discovery Digital Products is a fast-paced, innovative design, product and technology group that designs and builds industry leading products, platforms and experiences. What makes us unique from the rest of the burgeoning entertainment technology world is that we have award-winning content, work with a wide range of creators, and have the backing of a world leading Global Media Company.