Sr Product Copywriter
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As Sr. Product Copywriter, you are an integral part of the team to provide a human tone and voice to our products, platforms, services and experiences. The Senior Product Copywriter will fill a new strategic and cross-functional role on Discovery Design & Product team. Working within an agile framework, this role will quickly produce customer-facing copy across workflows, apps and experiences. Collaborators will include the A/B testing team, Product Design and Product stakeholders and members of audience Insights, among others. The Sr. Copywriter will be directly responsible for optimizing copy to best reflect user needs and brand experience.
You will design, develop, and execute the creative brand vision and strategy for our products, platforms, and partner channels. You will use your creativity to deliver brand guides, campaigns and integrations for our customer facing products that engage, delight and resonate with fans of Discovery, HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, Science, ID, OWN and more. You thrive in a customer focused, customer obsessed environment using research, data and brand instinct to experiences people love.
At Discovery, we’re looking for leaders, innovators and creative problem solvers who are passionate about their work, and are driven to engage, entertain and delight the millions of users who visit our digital properties every day. If you want to work on the future of media alongside amazingly talented colleagues, then this is the place for you.
This role is a Full Time Staff Position that will work on-site in our offices at New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA.
1. Provide hands-on leadership to align creative and product copy direction and deliverables.
2. Create and develop clear and compelling copy for UX and Product Experiences across our App, connected television and mobile web ecosystem.
3. Ensure all copy meets brand voice, network and digital product standards and guidelines.
4. Align work with overarching business and engagement goals to increase user satisfaction.
5. Partner with designers, data scientists, UX Design researchers and content strategists to produce cohesive and innovative experiences.
6. Inject brand-centric language into purchase and navigational messaging across platforms.
7. Encourage optimal viewer and subscriber engagement through tone, voice and messaging.
8. Represent the strategic intent of your work in cross-functional team meetings, presenting with clarity and helpfulness to a broad stakeholder group
9. Lead & Manage large-scale, high-priority campaigns for our product and platform experiences.
10. Present concepts, strategies and goals effectively to teams and Mid-Level Executives.
11. Design and maintain all Brand Language Systems, design copy and button/CTA Libraries, templates, mockups, user scenarios & flows and experience documentation.
* 5 years of experience as Copywriter or Sr. Copywriter for products, brands and experiences.
* 3 years’ experience designing creative & brand campaigns for global product experiences.
* BA Degree or higher in Writing, Journalism and/or Product Design.
* Experience designing 10ft, VUI, Connected and Multi-Modal Product Design Systems required.
* Deep knowledge and experience in Mobile, Living Room & Connected Product Environments
* Excellent Communication skills, including technical knowledge of syntax and grammar.
* Strategic thinker who can identify and realize key user flows, human behaviors and language.
* Fluent in branding, product functionality and user experience theories and practices.
* Knowledge of emerging trends for digital products and cross-platform customer integrations.
* Hands on experience with variety of user research techniques including user testing, personas, user tasks and scenarios, internal and external user interviews.
* Education in English, Communications and/or Marketing or Advertising is required.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
* Online portfolio demonstrating broad skills, versatile aesthetic, high-end customer facing experiences, with expertise in design principles, thinking and usability. Please provide a link and any appropriate PDF materials to view your digital samples.
* Hands on team player that can work easily with multiple stakeholders including Design, Product, Business, Data & Research, Project Management, Marketing, Networks and Sales.
* Understanding of SEO, metadata and app store optimization, copy and customer facing copy.
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and deadlines.
* Capable of driving and participating brainstorm sessions to ensure that customer centered with clear vision is implemented through Design Thinking Best Practices.
* Proven track record with a variety of successful products delivered across multiple platforms, screens and ecosystems with experience in multiple brands, productions and operations.
* Passionate self-starter with high-level of initiative, strong sense of ownership and quality.
* Excellent oral and written skills, and able to present to small or large groups of people including Design, Marketing, Production, Product Teams, and Executive Stakeholders.
* Drive and passion to deliver the best experience for consumers and proven track record to deliver compelling, innovative and award-winning user and product experiences.
* High confidence working on complex multi-platform consumer focused product ecosystems.
* Consumer Electronics, Entertainment & Lifestyle Product experience are a BIG PLUSSES.
* Strong product portfolio with a broad range Brand, Creative, & Product Messaging is a MUST.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
At Discovery, our mission is to serve passionate fans with products, platforms and experiences that inspire, inform and entertain through industry leading content and deeply trusted & beloved brands.
Discovery Digital Products is a fast-paced, innovative design, product and technology group that designs and builds industry leading products, platforms and experiences. What makes us unique from the rest of the burgeoning entertainment technology world is that we have award-winning content, work with a wide range of creators, and have the backing of a world leading Global Media Company.