Sr Manager Digital Consumer Insights
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Discovery Digital team works at the cross roads of technology and entertainment to bring content from iconic television brands to our audiences over the Internet in the most delightful ways we can imagine and build. As television changes, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – we seek to ignite people’s curiosity to explore the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
Discovery is seeking an experienced Senior Manager to join our Digital Strategy and Insights group. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an agile and collaborative in-house research team, and to generate and share insights with highly engaged stakeholders. Your work will span a range of different research types, including surveys, focus groups, usability testing, and desk research, and will directly influence the development of digital products used by millions of customers – such as the Discovery, TLC, Animal Planet and HGTV apps.
If you have a track record and passion for designing, managing and executing custom research and/or usability studies, then we would love to talk to you about joining our team in support of the Director of Digital Consumer Insights.
At its core, the role of the Senior Manager is to ensure that key Product team and business owner stakeholders have the consumer insights they need to make business decisions. This includes:
1. Proactively identifying areas where consumer research or input are required
2. Recommending and designing appropriate studies or research approaches; working to get stakeholder buy-in/approval
3. Executing a range of different types of research studies, as needed to meet project goals
4. Synthesizing and analyzing data collected from surveys, usability testing and other research studies; translating research insights into actionable recommendations and direction
5. Managing day-to-day relationships and project logistics with external research partners as needed
6. Acting as a knowledge source on the offerings and feature sets of competitive sites and apps
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
* 8 years of experience designing, managing and/or executing custom/primary research studies (quantitative research methodologies, survey design, data analysis)
* Prior experience working closely with a Product team to design and moderate usability studies or other product-specific research
* Strong analytic and critical thinking skills; ability to translate research findings into easily digestible, actionable insights
* Highly organized and detail oriented; ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects and set priorities to ensure deadlines are met or exceeded
* Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
* Prior experience working with digital media brands is highly desirable
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY