Sr Director, Digital Marketing
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Sr. Director of Digital Marketing will build and lead a best-in-class digital marketing function that is deeply metrics driven. The goal is to bring customers/users to Discovery Golf’s digital platforms and ultimately drive them to subscription. This position will be responsible for digital marketing, experience targeting and optimization, paid media, advertising, CRM, promotions and offers, and creative.
1. Build and grow a team of highly talented managers who own all advertising programs for Discovery Golf including CRM activity (Email, Push notifications, Direct mail, retargeting), Paid Digital Media (Search, Affiliates, Programmatic Display), Social & Native advertising, and optimization
2. Advise on the design and business requirements for the marketing technology stack
3. Create the strategic marketing plan for customer acquisition across a global audience
4. Develop financial budgets and manage cost per acquisition targets based on customer lifetime value models
5. Orchestrate all activity across the marketing org in support of the business - media, email, analytics, research, etc.- to ensure alignment with business priorities and schedule
6. Test new performance marketing channels and tactics to extend reach and scale of campaigns.
7. Own all brand and consumer marketing functions
8. Provide “voice of the consumer” throughout Marketing initiatives
9. Drive the development and execution of campaigns for Discovery Golf
10. Develop and Maintain Marketing activation calendar
11. Determine appropriate media mix for driving cost-efficient results
12. Act as overall lead for Discovery Golf digital campaign management efforts
* Deep experience working in direct-to-consumer (B2C) media companies with digital content. Familiarity with both subscription- and advertising-based business models would be ideal.
* Deep understanding of, and strong success in, a business focused on the implementation of consumer acquisition and/or retention marketing tactics and plans
* Extensive familiarity with using customer segmentation and data, test, target and measure marketing campaigns and advanced, innovative digital strategies
* Experience managing a CRM and data system to enhance a subscription and advertising business and more effectively communicate with and engage consumers.
* Proven leadership of a multifunctional marketing and data organization, responsible for driving significant revenue impact
* Experience in Sports required. Experience in Golf preferred.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
About Discovery Golf
Discovery Golf is a new international destination for golf fans created by Discovery, a worldwide leader in real-life entertainment and international sports, in partnership with the PGA TOUR. The platform will include a dedicated video streaming service, ensuring you can watch many of golf’s most exciting tournaments, players and moments, anytime, anywhere on every screen and device.