Spring Intern - QA Engineering
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Discovery Interns are explorers, they dive headfirst into the world in front of them. They aren’t afraid to be uncomfortable and boldly embrace any obstacle or challenge as an opportunity to excel. They walk confidently into the uncharted territory and make the most of their experiences. They ask the questions that go beyond the surface.
Seek adventure, find your passion, forge your path with an Internship at Discovery.
Through Discovery’s Internship Program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the entertainment and media industry and learn from the leader in global entertainment.
Here’s what we offer:
• Opportunity to immerse yourself and get your hands dirty with challenging work and projects
• Mentorship from Discovery’s best and brightest
• Intern Speaker Series featuring top executives and employees across the business
• Networking opportunities with great snacks
• A creative, collaborative and inclusive company culture with office spaces to match
Here’s what you’ll take away:
• Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
• The insider scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the scenes
• Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
• Real life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
What you need to know:
• This spring, our 12 week semester will be held from January 28th-April 19th 2019.
• Our Internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required; however, we will provide documentation if necessary.
• The application deadline is November 16th. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
• We do not require a cover letter. Please demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume.
Interviewing will take place from October through December. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
We are a small, but mighty team, working at the cross roads of technology and entertainment to bring content from iconic television brands to our audiences over the Internet in the most entertaining ways we can imagine and build. As television changes, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people’s curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
Our QA Automation team sits on the larger Client Engineering team of Discovery Digital Media. We write automated tests that assess the quality and usability of our TV Everywhere and OTT products. We are looking for passionate engineers to write clean and maintainable tests following clear guidelines and best practices defined by the team.
We deploy applications for each of our network brands: Discovery, TLC, Velocity, Science Chanel, Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet, American Heroes Channel, Destination America, Discovery Life, Discovery Familia and Discovery en Español.
Our test technology stack includes Ruby, Python, Selenium, BrowserStack, and Jenkins. We love working with modern tools and sharing our experiences with the community. Our client platforms include:
- React JS (Responsive Web, Xbox One, Samsung SMART TV, more)
- React Native (iOS, Apple TV, Android, Fire TV, Android TV)
As a QA Engineering Intern, your adventure could lead you to work on projects and tasks such as:
• Work with other QA Engineers and SDETs to execute automated tests analyzes
• Execute tests manually and debug failures
• Write clean, concise, readable code that follows common design patterns and principles.
• Complete work with a conscientious attitude and good follow-through.
• Utilize multi-tasking and context shifting skills.
• Stay informed with changes in technology.
* Must be currently enrolled as a full time student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an Internship)
* Must be a Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
* Proficiency in Ruby, Selenium, Jenkins or other automated testing tools.
* You are comfortable with collaborating using Git.
* Ability to provide code samples.
new york, nyc, city