Spring Intern - Facilities Design & Planning
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Discovery Interns are explorers, they dive headfirst into the world in front of them. They aren’t afraid to be uncomfortable and boldly embrace any obstacle or challenge as an opportunity to excel. They walk confidently into the uncharted territory and make the most of their experiences. They ask the questions that go beyond the surface.
Seek adventure, find your passion, forge your path with an Internship at Discovery.
Through Discovery’s Internship Program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the entertainment and media industry and learn from the leader in global entertainment.
Here’s what we offer:
• Opportunity to immerse yourself and get your hands dirty with challenging work and projects
• Mentorship from Discovery’s best and brightest
• Intern Speaker Series featuring top executives and employees across the business
• Networking opportunities with great snacks
• A creative, collaborative and inclusive company culture with office spaces to match
Here’s what you’ll take away:
• Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
• The insider scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the scenes
• Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
• Real life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
What you need to know:
• This spring, our 12 week semester will be held from January 28th-April 19th 2019.
• Our Internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required; however, we will provide documentation if necessary.
• The application deadline is November 16th. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
• We do not require a cover letter. Please demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume.
Interviewing will take place from October through December. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
The Facilities department includes Operations, Real Estate, Security & Travel. Their mission is to be a world-class service organization, known for expertise, customer focus, and getting the job done regardless of the obstacles that invariably arise.
As a Facilities Design & Planning Intern, your adventure could lead you to work on projects and tasks such as:
• Involvement in campus design and construction projects.
• Responsible for space planning, AutoCAD drafting, furniture coordination, and assisting with move management.
• Gain valuable experience with our Computer Aided Facility Management software system.
* Must be currently enrolled as a full time student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an Internship)
* Must be a Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
* Experience with AutoCAD, Photoshop, Sketchup (a plus)
tennessee, knoxville, tn