Spring Intern - Digital Visual Designer
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Discovery Interns are explorers, they dive headfirst into the world in front of them. They aren’t afraid to be uncomfortable and boldly embrace any obstacle or challenge as an opportunity to excel. They walk confidently into the uncharted territory and make the most of their experiences. They ask the questions that go beyond the surface.
Seek adventure, find your passion, forge your path with an Internship at Discovery.
Through Discovery’s Internship Program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the entertainment and media industry and learn from the leader in global entertainment.
Here’s what we offer:
• Opportunity to immerse yourself and get your hands dirty with challenging work and projects
• Mentorship from Discovery’s best and brightest
• Intern Speaker Series featuring top executives and employees across the business
• Networking opportunities with great snacks
• A creative, collaborative and inclusive company culture with office spaces to match
Here’s what you’ll take away:
• Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
• The insider scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the scenes
• Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
• Real life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
What you need to know:
• This spring, our 12 week semester will be held from January 28th-April 19th 2019.
• Our Internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required; however, we will provide documentation if necessary.
• The application deadline is December 21st. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
• We do not require a cover letter. Please demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume.
Interviewing will take place from October through December. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
Discovery is seeking a graphic design student for an internship opportunity with the Digital Creative Services team in Knoxville. The position will focus on producing digital design work for both internal Discovery marketing projects as well as create digital advertising for national campaigns.
Our ideal candidate is a current Graphic Design student who is interested in designing for the web. They should be excited to learn about the inner workings of agency and advertising relationships, and support Discovery’s brands with internal marketing concepts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with daily production and tasks including updating graphics and designing various assets as needed to help out designers on the team.
- Participate in brainstorming and coming up with ideas to meet our clients’ and company’s needs.
- Under guidance, use provided or created assets to create visual designs in line with advertiser guidelines for client review.
- Under guidance, create digital assets and designs to support Discovery’s brands through marketing, and internal projects.
- Communicate visual ideas, explain your design choices and come up with unique solutions.
- Learn and apply principles of effective digital user experience and interaction design.
* Must be currently enrolled as a full time student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an Internship)
* Must be a Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
* Basic proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite programs, including Photoshop and Illustrator.
* Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS is a huge plus, but not required.
* Understanding of basic responsive design principles, and how to make a design work for both desktop and mobile platforms.
* Familiarity with Discovery properties and look and feel.
tennessee, knoxville, tn