Specialist, Revenue & Receivables
Discovery CommunicationsCharlotte, NC
Full Time Job
***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
This person will be responsible for supporting the Order to Cash / Revenue & Receivables process and all relevant transactions. This role will also support the monthly financial statement close process, in addition to working with the Manager, Accounting & Financial Reporting and the Corporate Controller on evaluating monthly results.
The ideal person for this role has strong organizational skills, is extremely detail-oriented, and takes full ownership over the delivery of a consistently superior work product. He/she has clear verbal and written communication skills, is quick-thinking, adaptable to change, and values working together as one team. Working proactively, independently and reliably in a fast-paced environment, this individual will be preparing and recording journal entries to the balance sheet and income statement, preparing AR-related account reconciliations, contract management processing and sponsorship invoicing.
1. Driving the month-end close process to completion, including the preparation of receivable-related account reconciliations in partnership with the Manager, Accounting & Financial Reporting & Corporate Controller.
2. Ensure accuracy of reconciliations around deferred revenue and progress billings and ensure symmetry with accounts receivable & collections.
3. Support the Company’s accounting policies, including research and preparation of accounting policy memos with support of the Manager, Accounting & Financial Reporting.
4. Ensure accurate and timely daily deposits through review of bank postings and lockbox summaries, resolving any exceptions in a timely manner.
5. Process incoming mail concerning billing and invoicing, including monitoring and oversight of system-generated customer email notices/electronic invoices.
6. Communicate with clients about billing discrepancies and questions, including initiation of collections on past-due accounts with support from the Manager, Accounting & Financial Reporting as well as the Corporate Controller.
7. Engage management over any AR problems you encounter.
8. Handle all special billing situations, including any non-trade related accounts receivable.
9. Conduct periodic audits of customer data to ensure accuracy of customer information, such as billing addresses and invoice numbers.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
* 2 years’ experience in AR can substitute for educational requirement
* Advanced mathematical and logical deduction skills
* Experience with customer service and client communication
* Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
* Fundamentally sound Microsoft Excel skills
* Familiarity with accounting software programs
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Charlotte, North Carolina, NC