Specialist - Ad Sales Marketing
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Discovery Inc. is looking for a dynamic Marketing Specialist to join the Integrated Ad Sales Marketing team. This is a great opportunity for you to grow and enhance your skill set within the media industry.
The Integrated Ad Sales Marketing Specialist is responsible for assisting in the development and execution of cross-platform marketing programs created for National Advertisers across HGTV, Investigation Discovery (ID), Animal Planet and DIY. This role will also have an opportunity to work on key initiatives across Discovery’s US networks which include: HGTV, ID, Animal Planet, DIY Network, Food Network, TLC, OWN, Cooking Channel, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Science & Motor Trend Network.
This position reports directly to the Senior Manager of Integrated Ad Sales Marketing.
1.Support the Integrated Ad Sales Marketing team in developing and executing convergent marketing initiatives across HGTV, Investigation Discovery (ID), DIY, and Animal Planet
2. Act as a key contact for the Integrated Ad Sales Marketing team, partnering with teams across the company including Ad Sales, Programming, Creative Services, Traffic, Business Affairs, Digital, and Social in order to develop and execute custom marketing solutions
3. Manage collection of sponsor assets and approval processes to fully implement added value such as On-Air Custom Billboards, Short form, and Tagged Tune-Ins, as well as turnkey digital and social assets.
4. Assist with the development of sales materials and recaps/sizzle reels of custom promotions
5. Support Senior Manager and Director with responses to RFPs including brainstorming creative solutions for advertiser needs and designing pitch decks
6. Assist with budget management and invoicing
7. Administrative support on special projects such as Upfront presentation/toolkit and events as needed
* Minimum 3 years of experience in a marketing or sales support role
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
* Strong creative thinking and problem solving ability
* Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task
* Must work well independently and with a team
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY